riddle me that

"One hundred and one" is not valid because, technically, the AND is not used when saying the number. It should be said as "one hundred one".

That said, you probably realize most of us write out our checks incorrectly. Do you use the word "AND" when writing checks? :)

[edit] -- except in the part between the dollars and cents. ;)

Excel Facts

Save Often
If you start asking yourself if now is a good time to save your Excel workbook, the answer is Yes
Tom

Eh, we are talking English here aren't we.:)

If I was to say one hundred one I would get some funny looks.:eek:

If it was a suicide, he wouldn't have been able to rewind the tape so it was queued for playback.

A:
is it a three dimensional circuit?
EDIT: it would be easier yet if 2D then
start with B - go around C clockwise, around A counter clockwise - to B
second is A - around the B wire clockwise and to A
third C to C

Q:
You are stuck in a room with no windows or doors. a solid room. the only things in this room is a mirror and a table. how do you escape?

Matt,

You're a wicked, wicked person. I finally sussed it out, but holy smoke -- I was soooo close w/in a minute or two, but took me at least another 8 or 10 minutes to work it out all the way.

Norie,

I always thought that not using "and" when saying the numbers 101-119 was simply "proper" English. Looks like it may not really a "rule" per se.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_and_British_English_differences#Numbers

The answer involves a play on words which IMO is absurd. Never mind how you got into such a room anyway. Is there a roof or a floor?

My take: Whip out your cellphone and call in Chuck Norris who will knock down a wall. Or make like Terminator 3 and just morph through the wall. Just as likely as the real answer......

Q:
You are stuck in a room with no windows or doors. a solid room. the only things in this room is a mirror and a table. how do you escape?

Q. A convict is sentenced to death and has to choose his method of dying. What method would he choose to give himself the longest possible life?

Q. A convict is sentenced to death and has to choose his method of dying. What method would he choose to give himself the longest possible life?

Old Age or Natural Causes

A man was found dead in his study. He was slumped over his desk and a gun was in his hand. There was a cassette recorder on his desk. When the police entered the room and pressed the play button on the tape recorder they heard: "I can't go on. I have nothing to live for." Then there was the sound of a gunshot. How did the detective immediately know that the man had been murdered and it wasn't a suicide?

A similar riddle that I remember:

A man is found dead, hanging in an empty room. There are no chairs, ladders or platforms of any type. The only items in the room are the rope around his neck and a puddle of water. The rope is attached to the ceiling and the ceiling is higher than the man could have reached. How did he manage to hang himself?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moaz_cma

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back