Right Mouse Click Menu extra functionality

TedX

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi All 👍

Some time ago, I watched a YouTube video and followed along and created some actions that happened when I used a right mouse click. Recently I wanted to add to that, but couldn't figure out the logic that made it work. In frustration whilst trying to modify it, I deleted it all and of course, can't find the video either.

I think the people in this forum are way smarter and will know a better way, trust me, the video method was really weird.

Okay so, all I want to do is land on any cell, which will have a regular number in it. I then want to right-mouse click and on the menu that opens up have 1, 2, 3, -1, -2,-3. If the contents of the cell is say 75, and I right mouse click and then left mouse click on 2, the 75 will change to 77, I could repeat the right mouse click again and left mouse click on -3 and the cell would change to 74, and so on. I had this going really well but when I did it originally, I had only -1, 1, 5. So getting all possible number changes was difficult, it would sometimes require 3 consecutive actions.

If someone can in the first instance write a macro that would get this working, that would be great. I can tell you that I had it in my Personal folder, it also had some code that switched something off on exiting Excel, and well, it was all rather weird. My second reason for asking for this is because I genuinely want to learn and I have grasped most of the things I have learned from within this forum, but this entire right mouse click thing has me stumped, perhaps I'm just thicker than the average Bear. 🤪 If I can understand how I can add actions to the right mouse click menu, there are a few other things I would like to try that I could certainly use. For now, however, the numbers changing is something I do all day, every day literally hundreds of times and being a compulsive mouse man, I'd prefer to point and click than to actually hit the keyboard. TIA for any advice or code. 🙏

I've used WIA to flip and rotate images for a db project. Sadly, I lost it all when I dropped my laptop. Stupid me didn't have a backup elsewhere. Trying to work up the gumption to re-create it, but not succeeding so far.
Sorry for the laptop - I'm currently feeling that pain at the moment. SIgh. Is it the database that you're trying to recreate? :-/

Thanks for finding the MS webpages. That's what got me onto it in the first place. I surprised there are so few examples provided.

I found the routines I wrote re: EXIF Meta data and WIA. using a Userform to change the document properties or tags

Another thing that I like about it is that it convert a byte array too. Makes it possible to download an image from the internet, and then convert it straight into and stdPicture object without having to write it to disc first.

Sorry again for hijacking your thread, TedX. And I just remembered I owe you a screen capture on finding MSO codes at your other thread.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Did you know Excel offers Filter by Selection?
Add the AutoFilter icon to the Quick Access Toolbar. Select a cell containing Apple, click AutoFilter, and you will get all rows with Apple
Oh, I'm an expert at procrastinating. Let me know if you need any tips. :cool:

Upvote 0
Windows Image Acquisition (WIA) ~ there you have it, proof that you learn something new every single day (if you are looking to learn that is). As a novice to an almost intermediate VBA person (by my own rating, which is heavily biased), I want to thank you guys again, not only for solving my initial issue, but for solving it several times and going even further, by igniting within me an entirely new area to explore. It's truly amazing how I steer down a seemingly straight path and then discover so many side roads that lead to exciting programming destinations. There just doesn't seem to be an end to what you can do with VBA/Excel. Thanks again guys, you are all like professors to me in the world's best free university. 🙏 🙏 🙏

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dbomb1414

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back