Round a number up or down if cell already contains a formula

android1

Board Regular
Hi,

I have a cell which contains the formula =(E10/D10)*100. This cell returns a number 79.23457.

How do I round this to the nearest whole number? Changing the format to number and 0 decimal places
won't work as I need to apply a CountIfs to this cell an the result is incorrect (technically the .23457 is
still there, you just cannot see it)

Gerry

S.H.A.D.O.

Have you tried...

Code:
=ROUND((E10/D10)*100,0)
I hope this helps!

android1

Board Regular
Have you tried...

Code:
=ROUND((E10/D10)*100,0)
I hope this helps!
Hi S.H.A.D.O,

Thanks for your answer. This is still throwing my CountIf off. It looks like the CountIf is still treating the number as having decimal points rather than as a whole number.

Gerry

android1

Board Regular
What about...

Code:
=TEXT((E10/D10)*100+0,"0")
I hope this helps!
Still no luck. My CountIfs need to treat the value as a number so I am getting no results.

android1

Board Regular
Hold on a minute. Your Round suggestion may well work. I need to try it on a larger sample size to make sure.

android1

Board Regular
Yeah, it works perfectly. One of my CountIfs was wrong. Formatting wasn't enough. It was your Round function that made everything click.
Thanks a million.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pettel

Some videos you may like

This Week's Hot Topics

• populate from drop list with multiple tables
    Hi All, i have a drop list that displays data, what i want is when i select one of those from the list to populate text from different tables on...
  • Find list of words from sheet2 in sheet1 before a comma and extract text vba
    Hi Friends, Trying to find the solution on my task. But did not find suitable one to the need. Here is my query and sample file with details...
  • Dynamic Formula entry - VBA code sought
    Hello, really hope one of you experts can help with this - i've spent hours on this and getting no-where. .I have a set of data (more rows than...
  • Listbox Header
    Have a named range called "AccidentsHeader" Within my code I have: [CODE]Private Sub CommandButton1_Click() ListBox1.RowSource =...
  • Complex Heat Map using conditional formatting
    Good day excel world. I have a concern. Below link have a list of countries that carries each country unique data. [URL...
  • Conditional formatting
    Hi good morning, hope you can help me please, I have cells P4:P54 and if this cell is equal to 1 then i want row O to say "Fully Utilised" and to...