Row details on every reportpage

jetleb

Hi!

I have made a report i access with rowdetails down the left side of my report, and data on the right side in a subform. When data is too large, the report is shown on several pages, which offcource is allright, but I loose the rowdetails on the left side of my report on pages after page one. How do I keep my left rowdetails on every page off my report when there is more than one reportpage?

Thank you for answering!

Jeppe

Excel Facts

Ambidextrous Undo
Undo last command with Ctrl+Z or Alt+Backspace. If you use the Undo icon in the QAT, open the drop-down arrow to undo up to 100 steps.
Hi Jeppe, welcome to the Board!

Just to clarify:
1. You have a report with row details in the Detail section of the report.
2. Into the Detail section you have inserted a subreport, linked to the ID of the record in the Detail section.
3. Sometimes you have too much data in the subreport and it runs to more than one page. At this point, you don't see the data in the left side of the report.

Is this correct?

If so, you can probably fix it by changing the layout of the report: some options will be more suitable than others, depending on what you need.

Note: the fields in the Detail section will only appear once for each record. You can't change that.

The first thing that I would try, is to
(a) reduce the font size of the subreport
(b) Place it below the main report fields, and adjust it to take up the full width of the report.

If you can make this work, it is possibly the best solution for you.
Otherwise, you will need to group by the data in the Detail section, put the fields that you normally display in the Detail section into both the group header and the Page header, and use code ot suppress the Page Header for new records so you don't get the info duplicated at the start of the new record.
This can work, but you will most likely be restricted to one record per page.

Denis

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dsharae57

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back