Sad News - Just_Jon

Re: Sad News - Please Move If Posted Incorrectly

Hi Rick

I'm so sorry to hear that Jon has passed away - he was always one of the most friendly people you could meet on the forum and helped me out when I first joined. My thoughts are with you and your family.

Excel Facts

Pivot Table Drill Down
Double-click any number in a pivot table to create a new report showing all detail rows that make up that number

Hello,

haven't been around for a while, but am really sad to hear the news about just_jon, as others have stated, he was a great poster on this site. He helped many , myself included, and was never rude or condescending.

My sympathies and condoloncies to his family and friends.

He new a lot about Excel and shared with pleasure.
To my sense it was a modest person who didn't need to "show"; to my sense that matches his name: "just jon"
condolencies :(

Rick,

We all sincerely sympathize with you about the loss of Jon.

But you should be proud of your brother because despite of the big problems with the health, Jon during the long time helped many people at this forum.

He was one of the first experts here on whose talent, geniality and courtesy I has paid attention when for the first time has got on this forum.

Thank to you and all your family that you cared of him.

Take care.

Vladimir

Rick,

My condolences to you and your family. As you can see from all the responses, he was very much respected and admired here. He will truly be missed by the members of this forum (including me!).

Joe

Condolences to you and your family. Thanks for letting us know. I always appreciate his participation on this board.

Please accept our condolences, as Joe has stated it is clear that he will be sorely missed throughout the community.

Condolences to all of Jon's family.

Helped me out on numerous occasions, always willing to go the extra yard to explain.

Thanks for all Jon

Taff

Rick,

I'm so sorry to hear about Jon. He was a great friend and will be sorely missed.

He is one of those people who had a great impact here, and I imagine he did in his personal life as well. My only regret is that I didn't get to meet him personally.

Jon and I had e-mailed off and on over the years and I knew a bit about his situation, but he wasn't one to let on how bad it was; I think he always seemed to put the others in his life before him.

I wish you and your family the best and if there's anything we can do in Jon's memory, please let us know.

Take care,

Rick,

Most of us forum old timers were friends with Jon and had enjoyed corresponding with him via e-mail or PM here over the years. I am among those who had the privilege of doing so.

While I was aware that Jon had some chronic medical issues, I never knew the exact nature of them. I hope that our members here have done a good job of showing you and your family the high regard that our little global community dedicated to Excel had for Jon. In real life he might have been Christopher Reeves. But around here, we saw only Clark Kent and now and then a bit of Superman.

I would make a minor edit to what Smitty wrote: “I'm so sorry to hear about Jon. He was a great friend and <S>will be</S> is sorely missed.” I say “is” because I had already noted Jon’s absence several months ago and had been considering jotting him a PM to see how he was doing. I regret I didn’t do so.
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
Thank you so very much for logging in to MrExcel and letting us know. We very much appreciate the courtesy. I hope that your family knows Jon’s goodness, kindness, helpfulness and intelligence will be remembered by people in all corners of the world.<o:p></o:p>

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
againofsoul

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back