Save Access database for use in older version of Access

TB

Board Regular
I recently created a database in Access 97. While out of the office, someone else was asked to update the database (which is stored on a shared server). This person used Access 2000 to update the database. Now, I am not able to use the file. It appears to be because I don't have the correct 'version'.

How can the other user of the file save the file in such a way that I can access it?

Thanks!

Some videos you may like

Excel Facts

How to fill five years of quarters?
Type 1Q-2023 in a cell. Grab the fill handle and drag down or right. After 4Q-2023, Excel will jump to 1Q-2024. Dash can be any character.

Joe4

MrExcel MVP, Junior Admin
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Under Tools | Database Utilities | Convert Database | To Prior Access Database Version.

VicRauch

After the database has been converted back to Access 97 so you can access it, be sure that the next time someone else opens the database using a newer release of Access, that they enable it to be used by all versions of Access rather than converting it to their version. The convert to current version is the default within Access (as I remember).
HTH,

TB

Board Regular
Thank you! It worked. I realize the question was basic so I really appreciate the guidance.

Watch MrExcel Video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DessertDiva