Save the 3 sheets in a new workbook every time macro runs.

An Quala

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 2021
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello, I want a code please that will save the 3 sheets in a new workbook. Sheet names are 'Sponsored Products Campaigns', 'Sponsored Brands Campaigns' and 'Sponsored Display Campaigns' after running the previous code. Before saving, it should also delete the column U in 'Sponsored Products Campaigns' and 'Sponsored Display Campaigns' and Column T in 'Sponsored Brands Campaigns'.

PS: I don't know what's the possibility of naming the new file though.

Excel Facts

What did Pito Salas invent?
Pito Salas, working for Lotus, popularized what would become to be pivot tables. It was released as Lotus Improv in 1989.
See if this gives you what you want. You can see where to name the new file in the code.

VBA Code:
Sub Save_To_New()
    With ThisWorkbook.Sheets(Array("Sponsored Products Campaigns", "Sponsored Display Campaigns", "Sponsored Brands Campaigns"))
        .Copy
    End With

With ActiveWorkbook
        .Worksheets("Sponsored Products Campaigns").Range("U:U").EntireColumn.Delete
        .Worksheets("Sponsored Display Campaigns").Range("U:U").EntireColumn.Delete
        .Worksheets("Sponsored Brands Campaigns").Range("T:T").EntireColumn.Delete
    End With

ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs ThisWorkbook.Path & "\New File Name Here" & ".xlsx", FileFormat:=51
End Sub

Upvote 0
See if this gives you what you want. You can see where to name the new file in the code.

VBA Code:
Sub Save_To_New()
    With ThisWorkbook.Sheets(Array("Sponsored Products Campaigns", "Sponsored Display Campaigns", "Sponsored Brands Campaigns"))
        .Copy
    End With

With ActiveWorkbook
    End With

ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs ThisWorkbook.Path & "\New File Name Here" & ".xlsx", FileFormat:=51
End Sub
Hi, thank you! It is working fine, but giving error when I am saving it the second time, I want it to rename a new file every time we run this code, maybe with the help of msgbox it can ask 'What is the name of this new file?' and then save the file with that name, also maybe it can ask 'Where to save?' because for now it is saving in my E/: Drive,

Thank you!

Upvote 0
Hi, thank you! It is working fine, but giving error when I am saving it the second time, I want it to rename a new file every time we run this code, maybe with the help of msgbox it can ask 'What is the name of this new file?' and then save the file with that name, also maybe it can ask 'Where to save?' because for now it is saving in my E/: Drive,

Thank you!
Rather than reinvent the wheel, you might as well use the
Rich (BB code):
Application.GetSaveAsFilename
method. Like this:

VBA Code:
Sub Save_To_New_V2()
        .Copy
    End With

With ActiveWorkbook
    End With

Application.GetSaveAsFilename ("Name the File")
End Sub

Upvote 0
Hi, it is giving saving window, but after saving it is not actually saving, just opening a new excel file name as "Book1", "Book2", etc, can you please check, thanks!

Upvote 0
Hi, it is giving saving window, but after saving it is not actually saving, just opening a new excel file name as "Book1", "Book2", etc, can you please check, thanks!
OK, try the following. It should prompt the user for a filename and location.

VBA Code:
Sub Save_To_New_V3()
        .Copy
    End With

With ActiveWorkbook
    End With

Dim FileName As Variant
    FileName = Application.GetSaveAsFilename(FileFilter:="Microsoft Excel file (*.xlsx), *.xlsx")
    ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs FileName:=FileName
End Sub

Upvote 0
Solution
Hi, it is working perfectly, just one issue, in case if we don't want to save the file we click on cancel, so it got saved by itself with name False.xlsx, is there any solution to prevent that? Or if we even cancel to save as False.xlsx, it gives the error, so any solution to prevent this error too.

Also just like it deleted the 1 column in each sheet before saving, I want to delete more columns as well,

In "Sponsored Products Campaigns" Column U and AB:AR Entire Columns
In "Sponsored Brands Campaigns" Column T and AI:AW Entire Columns
In "Sponsored Display Campaigns" Column U and Y:AO Entire Columns

After deleting the mentioned columns give an option to save,

Highly appreciated, thank you.

Upvote 0
In the code below, I've added a message box asking to confirm whether the user wants to save the file or not. If they answer no, then the edited file is simply discarded. I've also demonstrated how you can indicate multiple columns to delete.

VBA Code:
Option Explicit
Sub Save_To_New_V4()
        .Copy
    End With

With ActiveWorkbook
        .Worksheets("Sponsored Products Campaigns").Range("U:U,AB:AR").EntireColumn.Delete
        .Worksheets("Sponsored Brands Campaigns").Range("T:T,AI:AW").EntireColumn.Delete
        .Worksheets("Sponsored Display Campaigns").Range("U:U,Y:AO").EntireColumn.Delete
    End With

If MsgBox("Columns have been deleted" & vbNewLine & vbNewLine & _
        "Do you want to save as a new file?", vbYesNo, "Confirm") = vbNo Then
        ActiveWorkbook.Close SaveChanges:=0
        Exit Sub
    End If

Dim FileName As Variant
    FileName = Application.GetSaveAsFilename(FileFilter:="Microsoft Excel file (*.xlsx), *.xlsx")
    ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs FileName:=FileName
End Sub

Upvote 0
Hello @kevin9999 I have been using this code since then and it is working fine, I am just facing a single issue, whenever I don't have to save a file in a new workbook which is 50% of the times, it still processes and loads and after making a new workbook, it asks if I want to save it or not, so is it possible that we ask this information before even processing this? So if select "No", then it should not do anything related to this, also if any of the 3 sheets is empty, it should also not process it (which could be find by checking the cell A2 of any sheet, It will save a lot of time, thank you for the help.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgharbawi

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back