Delete the empty sheets from a created file

An Quala

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 2021
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello, I use the following code to make a new file after deleting the certain columns from the old file, but I want to add one more thing here, if any of the three sheets ('Sponsored Products Campaigns', 'Sponsored Brands Campaigns' ,'Sponsored Display Campaigns') are empty (i.e. A2 is empty) then don´t import that sheet at all. Ideally don´t delete the columns as well since that is unnecessary in case of empty sheets but ultimately I don´t want those sheets in the new file.

Can anyone please help me do that?

VBA Code:
For Each x In Split("Sponsored Products Campaigns|Sponsored Brands Campaigns|Sponsored Display Campaigns", "|")
    If Worksheets(x).UsedRange.Address <> "$A$1" Then
 Campaigns "          Select Case x"
                Case "Sponsored Products Campaigns"
                            Worksheets(x).Range("F:G,J:Q,S:AA,AC:AU").EntireColumn.Delete
                Case "Sponsored Brands"
                            Worksheets(x).Range("E:F,J:N,P:U,W:AY").EntireColumn.Delete
                Case "Sponsored Display Campaigns"
                            Worksheets(x).Range("E:E,G:G,I:O,Q:Y,AA:AP").EntireColumn.Delete
          End Select
     End If
Next

Excel Facts

Did you know Excel offers Filter by Selection?
Add the AutoFilter icon to the Quick Access Toolbar. Select a cell containing Apple, click AutoFilter, and you will get all rows with Apple
So if you want to skip that delete columns section when Cell A2 of that sheet is blank, I think all you need to do is update this line:
Rich (BB code):
    If Worksheets(x).UsedRange.Address <> "$A$1" Then
to this:
Rich (BB code):
    If (Worksheets(x).UsedRange.Address <> "$A$1") And (Worksheets(x).Range("A2")<>"") Then

Upvote 0
If (Worksheets(x).UsedRange.Address <> "$A$1") And (Worksheets(x).Range("A2")<>"") Then
Hi, thank you! It is still creating new sheets, just not doing deleting the columns now which is also a good a thing.
But I don´t want the other sheets that are blank in the final file, can I just delete those sheets at the end?

Thanks!

Upvote 0
Hi, thank you! It is still creating new sheets, just not doing deleting the columns now which is also a good a thing.
But I don´t want the other sheets that are blank in the final file, can I just delete those sheets at the end?

Thanks!
You haven't posted the section of your code that creates the new sheets.
You only posted the section of the code that does the column deletions.
If you want other sections updated too, you need to post that code.

Upvote 0
If you want other sections updated too, you need to post that code.
Sorry my bad, now here is the full code. Thank you!

VBA Code:
     For Each x In Split("Sponsored Products Campaigns|Sponsored Brands Campaigns|Sponsored Display Campaigns", "|")
          s = s & Sheets(CStr(x)).Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row - 1 & " "     'collect the last rows and use the space as separator
     Next
     sp = Split(s)                                              'split string on space
     MsgBox sp(0) & " SP, " & sp(1) & " SB and " & sp(2) & " SD targets have been optimized in " & Format(dTime, "0.0") & "seconds."    'make the text

With ThisWorkbook.Sheets(Array("Sponsored Products Campaigns", "Sponsored Display Campaigns", "Sponsored Brands Campaigns"))
        .Copy
    End With

If Worksheets(x).UsedRange.Address <> "$A$1" And (Worksheets(x).Range("A2") <> "") Then
          Select Case x
                Case "Sponsored Products Campaigns"
                            Worksheets(x).Range("F:G,J:Q,S:AA,AC:AU").EntireColumn.Delete
                Case "Sponsored Brands Campaigns"
                            Worksheets(x).Range("E:F,J:N,P:U,W:AY").EntireColumn.Delete
                Case "Sponsored Display Campaigns"
                            Worksheets(x).Range("E:E,G:G,I:O,Q:Y,AA:AP").EntireColumn.Delete
          End Select
     End If
Next

If MsgBox("Extra columns have been deleted" & vbNewLine & vbNewLine & _
        "Do you want to save as a new file?", vbYesNo, "Confirm") = vbNo Then
        ActiveWorkbook.Close SaveChanges:=0
        Exit Sub
    End If

Dim FileName As Variant
    FileName = Application.GetSaveAsFilename(FileFilter:="Microsoft Excel file (*.xlsx), *.xlsx")
    ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs FileName:=FileName

Next

Upvote 0
Maybe take a little bit of a different (simpler) approach:
1. Copy all three sheets over to a new
2. Loop through each of the three sheets in the new file, and if "A2" is blank, then delete that sheet; otherwise run the column delete code for that particular sheet
3. Save the file

Upvote 0
Maybe take a little bit of a different (simpler) approach:
1. Copy all three sheets over to a new
2. Loop through each of the three sheets in the new file, and if "A2" is blank, then delete that sheet; otherwise run the column delete code for that particular sheet
3. Save the file

Is it possible for you to edit the code like this if easier? I hardly know VBA basics, thank you!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PressEscape

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back