Saving a value before the cells update again

fpa93

Guys,

How can I save a cell value in another cell as a copy? I mean I dont want to keep a connection between the cell that receive the value 1 or 0 with the cell that I want to copy this values. I want to do that to save the number of time that the cell goes to 1 or 0 among the day.

Can anybody help me ?

Excel Facts

Formula for Yesterday
Name Manager, New Name. Yesterday =TODAY()-1. OK. Then, use =YESTERDAY in any cell. Tomorrow could be =TODAY()+1.
Hi fpa93,

let say a1 is having value 5, and then user overwrites a1 with 6 and then with 7... now what you want ? you need some other cell to show 6 and then 7 (overwritten) or you want to track 5,6,7 etc (all values) in a separate column ?

Or you just want a number which will say the number of times a1's value got changed ?

Also, will a1 have 1 or 0 numbers only ?

Regards,
DILIPandey

Upvote 0
Hey DILIpandey,

Basically what I have is A1 being updated once per day. So each day I want to know if A1 was updated in the previous day. I mean I want to know that before A1 be updated again with the
actual date.

Lets say today is 03/01 and I updated A1=03/01 (day that the task was done). So if I go to my control I want to see if on "moday" A1 was done even if I am in "tuesday".

Monday = A1 was done (done means that the task was read that day)
Tuesday = A1 was not done (mean that the task was not read on tuesday but see it was on monday)
Wednesday = A1 was done

Kinda track A1 in each day. Does not need to be like that I just need to save the action.

Did you understand ?

Please let me know!!

Tomorrow is 03/02 so I want to know if A1 was 03/01 (previous day) before A1 be 03/02 (new updating).

What I want is like a control of daily activity something like.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
So best way would be to track all values of A1 in a separate column and you can refer this column to verify all the dates for any possible misses.. agree ?

Regards,
DILIPandey

Upvote 0
okay.. right click on your desired sheet and paste below code:-

Code:
Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range)
'created by DILIPandey on 2-Apr'16
If Target.Address = "$A$1" Then
    Range("b" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Offset(1, 0).Value = Target.Value
End If
End Sub

It will track cell a1 and will paste in column B.
If you wish you can edit the cell / column reference it the code to suit your requirement.

Regards,
DILIPandey

Upvote 0
DILIPandey,

It worked as a track but I got one problem I have many cells to track and I wanted to track them in another worksheet.

I can track one by one with your code but I would like to do it in another sheet as it will be a lot of datas.

Thanks in advance.

Upvote 0
Okay... create a sheet by the name of track and update below code in your desired sheet;-

Code:
Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range)
'created by DILIPandey on 2-Apr'16
If Target.Address = "$A$1" Then
    Worksheets("track").Range("b" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Offset(1, 0).Value = Target.Value
End If
End Sub

Regards,
DILIPandey

Upvote 0
Dear DILIPandey,

Thank you a lot for your help and attention it worked as I wanted. I will just fit it to my necessities.

Best Regards,

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chandan4057

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back