Scan multiple papers onto one excel worksheet; OCR, VBA, and consolidate function?

steverpi75

Hello all,

We have a new electronic maintenance system that will not be ready on schedule but the requirements it generated must still be completed.... by manual entry into Maximo.

I'm supposed to record two bits of information and enter into a database. It wouldn't have been bad had Maximo and the field ipads been ready. Anyway, the information to be recorded is something like: 1-PMP-72-1604 in one column and G- in another column. I can't have people taking time to enter scores from each maintenance task manually .... especially given how slow our system is.

So this is what I thought of but couldn't get it to work. I have a piece of paper pre-filled out in the WO; a one row and two column table with 1-PMP-72-1604 in one block and a blank block next to it. The machinist records G- for the pump score during the maintenance activity.

Our admin collects and scans the papers for all 250 WOs for the week. The output of the scan is exported into one combined excel sheet with 250 rows of data and two columns; identifier and score. I then have IT batch add the data into Maximo so my people don't spend hours manually entering the data.

I tried using OCR, VBA, and the consolidate function in excel but couldn't get it to work because my excel knowledge is low. If someone knows of something other than this that would work, I'm open to all ideas. I can spend my own money on a program if you know of one though I can't spend a lot.

thanks a lot for the help,
Steve

Excel Facts

Quick Sum
Select a range of cells. The total appears in bottom right of Excel screen. Right-click total to add Max, Min, Count, Average.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MikeVol

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back