Scatter Plot

Excel Facts

Bring active cell back into view
Start at A1 and select to A9999 while writing a formula, you can't see A1 anymore. Press Ctrl+Backspace to bring active cell into view.
you can tell the chart not to plot zero values (not sure where to find that, I end up searching when i need to do it)

Upvote 0
Right click on chart > Select Data > Hidden and Empty Cells > Show empty cells as...

Should work for you. I would just replace zeros with "".

Upvote 0
Replacing the 0's won't work since the 0 values are a part of the graphs formulations. There are no empty cells so selecting that option does not make changes.

Upvote 0
The 0's are making a statement in the graphs. Just for this particular scatter plot graph I do not need the 0s. Other charts and calculations need the 0s. If I remove them or change them I will mess up everything else.

Upvote 0
how about creating a second data set i.e in z1=a1, drag out to get your data, then delete the zeros on the spare and plot that one

Upvote 0
I have thought of using a second chart with 0s deleted then hiding the chart. I am trying not to do that! :D if all else it will be my fall back option.

Upvote 0
I actually just created a 2nd table with the 0s deleted. I created the scatter plot and then I hid the extra table. The results cleared out the scatter plot. I really don't want this 2nd table since it is actually useless to me and just creates more than necessary.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Excel Master

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back