Schedule based on priority and availability

Gwill1983

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi all,

I am trying to create an automatic scheduler which takes into account role priority, staff priority within that role, and staff availability. Currently, I have a table to show the priority level of the role and the minimum staff members required to cover. I then have a seperate table showing the allocation priority of staff members for each department and an availability calendar to show if a staff member is available on each date.

1704297490605.png

1704297089421.png

What I am trying to achieve is to create a table for the following 2 weeks to show which staff members should be allocated to each role. For example:

The schedule for 1st January would look at the role priority table and see that Role 2 is the top priority. It would then allocate the highest priority staff member (in this case, Staff 5) to the schedule. If Staff 5 was marked as unavailable on the calendar, then it would move on to the second priority staff member etc.

I am guessing that this will require some VBA? I am hoping that somebody has done something similar in the past and can guide me in the correct direction to achieve this.

Excel Facts

Can you AutoAverage in Excel?
There is a drop-down next to the AutoSum symbol. Open the drop-down to choose AVERAGE, COUNT, MAX, or MIN

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr Hughes

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back