Scrollable Section On Sheet

KadeFoster

Hey all.

I am not sure this can be done, or i am just not asking the right questions in google.

I am creating a handover sheet for daily handover between my crews. Some information is quite static and other has to be entered daily.

1705806921970.png

Above is the static stuff.
On another sheet i have the stuff that has to be entered daily. It has frozen panels to do what need to be done.

1705807084628.png

I want the above scrollable on the bottom of the static sheet and be able to input into that instead of having to go to the second sheet.
Soo many answers for a scrollable table that shows data from another table, but I want to be able to input my data into the scrolling table.

I hope this make sense. Any guidance welcome.

Excel Facts

VLOOKUP to Left?
Use =VLOOKUP(A2,CHOOSE({1,2},$Z$1:$Z$99,$Y$1:$Y$99),2,False) to lookup Y values to left of Z values.
Can you put your current tasks, scaling tasks and comments on the top. Then put the monthly stuff under it. Freeze the "Task Numbers" Row

Then create a simple macro to hide/show the more static stuff so you will have more visible on the page.

Upvote 0
Can you put your current tasks, scaling tasks and comments on the top. Then put the monthly stuff under it. Freeze the "Task Numbers" Row

Then create a simple macro to hide/show the more static stuff so you will have more visible on the page.
Tried that made the sheet messy lol. All good, I think I am going to stick with 2 sheets for now.

Another Question:
Is there a way to insert data into a table from one location?
Below is what i want to input into my table.
1705991366416.png

Below is the table I want to populate. When the month changes i want the next "Maps" number added to the table under "Assigned Maps" next to FEB. I understand Index Match but is there a way of inserting data instead of just looking it up? Is this something that has to be done with VBA?

1705991471564.png

Upvote 0
This probably should be another thread ie. a different topic.

Yes, I would first make your data an excel table, not just a range. Here is the basic idea of adding a new row to the table.

VBA Code:
Sub InsertIntoMapsTable()
    Dim ws As Worksheet
    Dim tbl As ListObject
    Dim newRow As ListRow

Set ws = ThisWorkbook.Sheets("SHEETNAME") ' sheet
    Set tbl = ws.ListObjects("TABLE") ' table

Set newRow = tbl.ListRows.Add
    newRow.Range(1, 1).Value = Date
    newRow.Range(1, 2).Value = "MAPS"
    newRow.Range(1, 3).Value = "ADDITIONAL MAPS"
End Sub

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ikke

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back