Search and sum values in multiple workbooks for accounting

Petijandro

Dear Excel Gurus,

I looked through the forums to try to find a solution for this problem but was not lucky.

I'm trying to put together a search box that can loop through all the workbooks in a folder and all the subfolders and find all occurences of that search string and copy them over to a sheet with all the adjacent data (2-3 columns to the right).
This search box would have a Date interval so it would only consider data within that date range.

3Q2NyqJ.png
This is how all workbooks look like, we have sheets for every week where our colleagues can track their progress on that specific workday (sheets called "Week 24", "Week 25" etc):
yRTunta.png

And this would be the end result:

424OXHU.png

I am just wondering if this is possible in Excel?
I have some basic vba skills and managed to put together the search function that loops through the workbooks but cannot figure out how to work with the dates.

All advice are greatly appreciated.

Thank you ?

I did not mention that we are working on Office 2019, sorry about that. But you gave me a very good lead and I shall continue on that path.
Your solution is great and working.
Thank you very much.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Copy formula down without changing references
If you have =SUM(F2:F49) in F50; type Alt+' in F51 to copy =SUM(F2:F49) to F51, leaving the formula in edit mode. Change SUM to COUNT.
you still can do that filter data. its just way more complicated without the filter function.

If you think you can handle advanced array formulas MR excel and Mike Girvin ExcelIsFun on Youtube have at least 10 episodes on data filtering.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
teemeren

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back