Search Box Embedded into Worksheet or VBA for Find and Replace

epaprhasguy80

There are a MILLION close variations on this question, but I cannot find an EXACT solution. I need a way for my end user to type a word into a search box embedded into my worksheet. Then, I want excel to find each occurrence of that word, one at a time, searching only the active worksheet. Each time the end user clicks "search", the next occurrence is found. I am describing an EXACT MIRROR of the Control+F functionality.

I DO NOT WANT:
  • Each occurrence to be highlighted or copied, and pasted elsewhere. I simply want the cell to be activated so that my end-user sees it.

• The search command to search other sheets in the workbook. ONLY the current sheet.

As an alternative, I tied the Find Function to a "Search" button that I created using the following VBA Code
Code:
Sub OpenFindBox()
 Application.Dialogs(xlDialogFormulaFind).Show
 End Sub

The problem is that the find function does not terminate with the current worksheet. It continues searching the entire book. The option to search only the current worksheet is not present when the "find" dialogue opens. HOWEVER, when I press CONTROL + F, I get the "Find & Replace" dialogue which allows me to click "Options" and limit my search to "Within Sheet" or "Within Workbook" . GRRRRRR>:mad:

There MUST be a super simple solution that I am not seeing:eek:. Please help!!! ;)

Excel Facts

Back into an answer in Excel
Use Data, What-If Analysis, Goal Seek to find the correct input cell value to reach a desired result

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Excel Master

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back