Searching for multiple words

jamesalot

Platform
  1. Web
I'm making a sheet that organizes from master sheet to 3 seperate sheets. I know how to search and pull from one word but not multiple words and thats what i cant seem to find.

=ArrayFormula(IFERROR(INDEX(Master!$A$1:$A$298, SMALL(IF("BOARDMAN"=Master!$D$1:$D$298, ROW(Master!$A$1:$A$298)-ROW(Master!$A$1)+1), ROW(1:1))),""))

this is my formula that works. but where boardman is i want to have it also search for ECHO, HERMISTON, and a couple others but I can't find how to write that.

Idea is that if on "master" row D1 thru D300 has "x or y or z" then in grid copy the name from corresponding A1-A300 in this square. then next row would say same thing with out copying what is already on the sheet. so currently i can do that for 1 word but i cand find out how to do it with multiple words. i was trying IF(OR but i think i was writing it all wrong if someone could help me out

Attachments

• sheet2.png
    sheet2.png
    51.9 KB · Views: 8
  • Screenshot_1.png
    Screenshot_1.png
    108.8 KB · Views: 8

Excel Facts

Does the VLOOKUP table have to be sorted?
No! when you are using an exact match, the VLOOKUP table can be in any order. Best-selling items at the top is actually the best.
I suggest you post a link to a sample file so helpers don't have to recreate all your data for testing. For Sheets, you can almost certainly use a much simpler FILTER formula.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sravya

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back