Select all cells below a continuous range to delete

cyburban

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello,

I am new to the VBA game but am trying to automate a repetitive task at work. I have some coding experience but no VBA experience, so I have been using the macro recording function. I am struggling with how to delete excess rows below my continuous data set. I am working with data sets that have a defined width but variable height. I know the maximum number of rows will be less than 350 so I have set my formulas processing the data to end there. What I am trying to accomplish is clearing all the excess rows below my continuous data in column C. The formatting is somewhat attrocious as a bot is processing the spreadsheet after the data is moved to the correct format. A human needs to take a pass to cleanup anything violating rules within the bot hence the conditional formatting. Basically, I know column C end is the end of actual data. You can see in G, W,X,Y there is data extending below what is in column C. I know this excess data stops in column DN. How can I determine the row of the start of this excess data to use cntrl+shift+down to select the rest to delete in a general way?

1693514142245.png

Below is my first attempt via macro recording. I selected the top left cell in column c, cntrl+shift+down, c+. to select the bottom cell. Then down + right 4 times to get into the correct position.

Sub DeleteExtra()
'
' DeleteExtra Macro
'

'
Sheets("CalSHAPE").Select
ActiveWindow.SmallScroll Down:=-44
Range("C7").Select
Range(Selection, Selection.End(xlDown)).Select
Range("C59").Select
Range("G59").Select
Range("G59:DN59").Select
Range(Selection, Selection.End(xlDown)).Select
Selection.ClearContents
End Sub

This has rigidly defined cells in it. Is there any way to make it generalized so it just begins form the bottom of the data?

First post here. Please let me know if you need any additional information or clarification.

Excel Facts

What is the fastest way to copy a formula?
If A2:A50000 contain data. Enter a formula in B2. Select B2. Double-click the Fill Handle and Excel will shoot the formula down to B50000.
Welcome to the Forum!

Will this work for you?

VBA Code:
'Deletes all rows In "Sheet1" below the last populated row in Column C
With Worksheets("Sheet1")
    .Rows(.Range("C" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row + 1 & ":" & Rows.Count).EntireRow.Delete
End With

Upvote 0
Solution
Welcome to the Forum!

Will this work for you?

VBA Code:
'Deletes all rows In "Sheet1" below the last populated row in Column C
With Worksheets("Sheet1")
    .Rows(.Range("C" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row + 1 & ":" & Rows.Count).EntireRow.Delete
End With
Works perfectly thank you!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mystic19

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back