Selecting similar range with VBA in 2 or more sheets

Viper147

Hi there,

I am a relatively new user with VBA and have survived thus far with visiting billiant forums like this one, or alternatively playing around in VBA until I manage to solve the problem myself.
However this problem has me stumped and I need some help please.
The code is supposed to select the same variable range in 2 sheets and delete the entire rows in these sheets. I get a "Select method of Range class failed" error on the red line of code below.
As I mentioned, new user, so please be gentle. ;)
Thanks

Sub Reset()

Dim Range1 AsRange
Dim Range2 AsRange
Dim Range3 AsRange
Dim Range4 AsRange
Dim Range5 AsRange
Dim Range6 AsRange
Dim Range8 AsRange
Set Range1 =Range("C4:C" & Range("CurrentDeals") + 2)
Set Range2 =Range("C" & Range("CurrentDeals") + 7 &":C" & Range("CurrentDeals") * 2 + 5)
Set Range3 =Range("C" & Range("CurrentDeals") * 2 + 12 &":C" & Range("CurrentDeals") * 3 + 10)
Set Range4 =Range("C" & Range("CurrentDeals") * 3 + 12 &":C" & Range("CurrentDeals") * 4 + 10)
Set Range5 =Range("C" & Range("CurrentDeals") * 4 + 12 &":C" & Range("CurrentDeals") * 5 + 10)
Set Range6 =Range("C" & Range("CurrentDeals") * 5 + 12 &":C" & Range("CurrentDeals") * 6 + 10)
Set Range7 =Range("C" & Range("CurrentDeals") * 6 + 12 &":C" & Range("CurrentDeals") * 7 + 10)
Set Range8 =Range("C" & Range("CurrentDeals") * 7 + 12 &":C" & Range("CurrentDeals") * 8 + 10)

Sheets("Forecast Income").Select
Union(Range1,Range2, Range3, Range4, Range5, Range6, Range7, Range8).Select
Selection.EntireRow.Delete
Range("A1").Select

Sheets("Forecast Expense").Select
Union(Range1,Range2, Range3, Range4, Range5, Range6, Range7, Range8).Select
Selection.EntireRow.Delete
Range("A1").Select

Sheets("Instructions").Select
Range("M3").Select
Selection.ClearContents
Range("A1").Select
End Sub

Excel Facts

Create a Pivot Table on a Map
If your data has zip codes, postal codes, or city names, select the data and use Insert, 3D Map. (Found to right of chart icons).
Hi,

To select a similar range on 2 sheets, you can select both beforehand by using
Code:
sheets(Array("Forecast Income","Forecast Expense")).select
If instead of the read line, you type Range1.select and delete the rest of the macro, does it work? Does it select Range1
If it does not, we identified the issue try something like

Code:
[LEFT][COLOR=#101094][FONT=Consolas]Dim[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#303336][FONT=Consolas] Range1 [/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#101094][FONT=Consolas]As[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#303336][FONT=Consolas] Range[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#303336][FONT=Consolas]:[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#101094][FONT=Consolas]Set[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#303336][FONT=Consolas] Range1 [/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#303336][FONT=Consolas]=[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#303336][FONT=Consolas] ActiveSheet[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#303336][FONT=Consolas].[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#333333][FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000]Range("C4:C" & Cells(Range("CurrentDeals").row + 2,3))[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/LEFT]

And try to select it to see if it works

If it does
I would then try something like

Code:
Dim DelRange as Range
[LEFT][COLOR=#0000ff][FONT=Menlo]Set[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000][FONT=Menlo] DelRange = Union([/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#a31515][FONT=Menlo]Range1[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000][FONT=Menlo], [/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#a31515][FONT=Menlo]Range2[FONT=Consolas][COLOR=#b00000],...[/COLOR][/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR][/LEFT]
[FONT=Consolas][COLOR=#b00000][LEFT]) 
DelRange.entirerow.delete
[/LEFT]
[/COLOR][/FONT]

Last edited:
Upvote 0
You could go like this:

Code:
Set myRng = Union(Range1, Range2, Range3, Range4, Range5, Range6, Range7, Range8)

Sheets("Forecast Income").Select
Range(myRng.Address).EntireRow.Delete Shift:=xlUp
Range("A1").Select

Sheets("Forecast Expense").Select
Range(myRng.Address).EntireRow.Delete Shift:=xlUp
Range("A1").Select

Upvote 0
Hi guys,
Thanks so much for the prompt response with this, I really appreciate the help. I went with the code from Steve and it works perfecty (apart from a small error on my side that I picked up after the code actually worked).

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aaagu

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back