Send an email via OUTLOOK from an EXCEL macro

peterhw

I have recently been writing an application to log 'contact details' then modify a word document based on the recorded information - i.e. name, address line 1, city ,post or zip code. I then save the word document an would like to have an option to automatically create the appropriate email message.

The following sort of works but always appears to send from the default email address (anne@ABC.co.uk). SendUsingAccount doesn't appear to make any difference and the .from generates an error.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Code:
  <this fails="" -="" doesn="" t="" support="" this="" object="" or="" method=""  .recipients.add="" (mailaddress)="" same="" as="" .to="mailaddress" (i="" think)="" .cc="mailaddress"  .bcc="mailaddress"  .body="===1===" mailcontent="" outapp.session.accounts.item(2)="" vbcrlf="" +=""  .display=""  ="" .htmlbody="strbody" &="">
Sub Send_Email_Using_VBA(mailaddress As String, mailcontent As String, mailsubject As String)
'==================================================================================
Dim mail_account_nos As Integer
    Set OutApp = CreateObject("Outlook.Application")
    Set OutMail = OutApp.CreateItem(olMailItem)
    On Error GoTo debugs
    mail_account_nos = 2
    With OutMail
        .Subject = mailsubject
        '.From = "panda@ABC.co.uk"     '<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<this fails - "Object doesn't support this object or method"
        .To = mailaddress
        .Recipients.Add (mailaddress)   '   same as .To (I think)
        .CC = mailaddress
        .BCC = mailaddress
        .Body = "===1===" + vbCrLf + mailcontent + vbCrLf + OutApp.Session.Accounts.Item(mail_account_nos) + vbCrLf + "===1==="
        .Display                                            'OutApp.Session.Accounts.Item(mail_account_nos) change 2 to 1 and it changes this output but not the account sent from
        '.HTMLBody = strbody & "<br><br>" & Signature
        'You can add files also like this
        '.Attachments.Add ("C:\test.txt")
        .SendUsingAccount = OutApp.Session.Accounts.Item(mail_account_nos)  '  have 2 accounts "panda@ABC.co.uk" and "anne@ABC.co.uk" always send from anne - the default
        '.send

End With
debugs:
    If Err.Description <> "" Then MsgBox Err.Description
    Set OutMail = Nothing
    Set OutApp = Nothing
End Sub
</this>

Last edited:

Excel Facts

VLOOKUP to Left?
Use =VLOOKUP(A2,CHOOSE({1,2},$Z$1:$Z$99,$Y$1:$Y$99),2,False) to lookup Y values to left of Z values.
Not sure what I have done but the code is not what I pasted.
Try again

Code:
Sub Send_Email_Using_VBA(mailaddress As String, mailcontent As String, mailsubject As String)
'==================================================================================
    On Error GoTo debugs
    mail_account_nos = 2
    With OutMail
        .Subject = mailsubject
        '.From = "panda@ABC.co.uk"     '<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<this fails - "Object doesn't support this object or method"
        .To = mailaddress
        .Recipients.Add (mailaddress)   '   same as .To (I think)
        .CC = mailaddress
        .BCC = mailaddress
        .Body = "===1===" + vbCrLf + mailcontent + vbCrLf + OutApp.Session.Accounts.Item(mail_account_nos) + vbCrLf + "===1==="
        .Display                                            'OutApp.Session.Accounts.Item(mail_account_nos) change 2 to 1 and it changes this output but not the account sent from
        .SendUsingAccount = OutApp.Session.Accounts.Item(mail_account_nos)  '  have 2 accounts "panda@ABC.co.uk" and "anne@ABC.co.uk" always send from anne - the default
        '.send

End With
debugs:
    Set OutMail = Nothing
    Set OutApp = Nothing
End Sub

Upvote 0
Sorry - but just don't seem to be able to include CODE properly

On Error GoTo debugs
mail_account_nos = 2
With OutMail
.Subject = mailsubject
'.From = "panda@ABC.co.uk" '<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<this fails - "Object doesn't support this object or method"
.To = mailaddress
.Recipients.Add (mailaddress) ' same as .To (I think)
.CC = mailaddress
.BCC = mailaddress
.Display 'OutApp.Session.Accounts.Item(mail_account_nos) change 2 to 1 and it changes this output but not the account sent from
.SendUsingAccount = OutApp.Session.Accounts.Item(mail_account_nos) ' have 2 accounts "panda@ABC.co.uk" and "anne@ABC.co.uk" always send from anne - the default
'.send

End With
debugs:
Set OutMail = Nothing
Set OutApp = Nothing
End Sub

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MedDash99

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back