Sheet One, Cell: A1

Suresh Kusunuri

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 2007
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi All,

I saved my Excel File @ Sheet 3 and Cell No: K56 and closed. If opened it again the cursor position will be there (Sheet 3 and Cell No: K56) only.
If I required the cursor position @ Sheet 1 and Cell No: A1, when I opened the Excel again. Is there any solution for this.?
Thanks
Suresh

Excel Facts

What did Pito Salas invent?
Pito Salas, working for Lotus, popularized what would become to be pivot tables. It was released as Lotus Improv in 1989.
Yes. Use and Worksheet_Open event procedure, which is VBA code that automatically runs upon opening the workbook. As long as they have VBA enabled, it will run.

So, the code will look something like this. In order to work, it needs to be placed in the "ThisWorkbook" module:
VBA Code:
Private Sub Workbook_Open()
    Sheets("Sheet1").Activate
    Range("A1").Select
End Sub

Upvote 0
Thank you Mr. Joe4,
I do't know about VBA. But I tried to put the said code (given by you) in my work sheet. As per your suggestion it needs to be placed in the "ThisWorkbook" module: How to do it? I attached a screen shot for your reference. Kindly help me in this. My OS & office version is 7.
Thank you
Su
Sheet1.PNG
resh

Upvote 0
You have out the code into a standard module, it needs to go in the ThisWorkbook module, then you need to saveas & select Macro enabled
1584633900862.png

Upvote 0
Hi, Thanks for reply. But I could not able to understand. Can you plz tell me the step-wise.
What I did is:
Opened the excel File, Pressed Alt+F11 Buttons, Copy the code from Forum in to insert Module mode and saved the excel file as Excel Macro enabled worksheet.
I dont know where I am doing wrong. Plz guide me.
Thanks
Suresh

Upvote 0
Do not put the code into a normal module but into the ThisWorkbook module

1584702243040.png

Upvote 0
Still i an in loop. I selected the ThisWorkbook then right click selected insert module from list and copied the Code. Saved the file in macro enabled file. But still the cursor is at same point, when I re-opened the file. Any advise Mr. Fluff.Where I am wrong?

Upvote 0
I selected the ThisWorkbook then right click selected insert module from list
NO, do not add a module & put the code in that. You need to put the code in the ThisWorkbook module.
Delete the code you have, then double click ThisWorkbook & put the code into the window that opens up

Upvote 0
Thank you Mr. Fluff. I got the procedure/Steps from Internet Help. Moreover my "Sheet1" is changed to "Info", thats why the code is not working. I replaced the Sheet1 to Info. Now, it is working perfectly. Thanks for your help. I need one more thing. Can you provide me a strong VBA Code for worksheet protection, apart from regular Protect Sheet provided in Excel.
Thanks once again
Suresh

Upvote 0
Glad you sorted it & thanks for the feedback.
You will need to start a new thread for your new question. Thanks

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HellScout

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back