Should this VBA statement be ok: If Selection.Value = Evaluate("na()") Then

TomCon

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
  2. Mobile
I have a macro that runs daily. The above statement has been fine for a long time (year or more). Now it gives an error. (Error 2042). I am wondering if it is the result of a recent Office update.

The error is not coming from "Selection.Value" as that cell does not contain an error, it contains a valid value. In the immediate window:
?Selection.Value
works just fine to give the correct value

In the immediate window the following gives Error 2042:
?Evaluate("na()")
But, as i say, this statement has been working for a long time in that macro.

Any thoughts on whether "Evaluate("na()")" should work, or if there has been a recent change in behavior?

Thank you.

Excel Facts

Repeat Last Command
Pressing F4 adds dollar signs when editing a formula. When not editing, F4 repeats last command.
That should always return an error value (2042).

Upvote 0
Solution
A reminder:

Cross-posting (posting the same question in more than one forum) is not against our rules, but the method of doing so is covered by #13 of the Forum Rules.

Be sure to follow & read the link at the end of the rule too!

Cross posted at:

There is no need to repeat the link(s) provided above but if you have posted the question at other places, please provide links to those as well.

If you do cross-post in the future and also provide links, then there shouldn’t be a problem.

Upvote 0
A reminder:

Cross-posting (posting the same question in more than one forum) is not against our rules, but the method of doing so is covered by #13 of the Forum Rules.

Be sure to follow & read the link at the end of the rule too!

Cross posted at:

There is no need to repeat the link(s) provided above but if you have posted the question at other places, please provide links to those as well.

If you do cross-post in the future and also provide links, then there shouldn’t be a problem.
Thank you for your link to the cross-posting rules. I'll keep it in mind. In this case i did not actually view them as the same question. The other was supposed to be about the policy of Office updates, while this was about VBA behavior. However, due to the response at the cross-post, the discussions did end up overlapping.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr Hughes

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back