SHOWING IMAGE IN IMAGE CONTROL WITHOUT INSERTING PICTURE IN ACCESS IMAGE GALLERY..

Shafique

Board Regular
I am creating an attendance database with pictures of workers.

On the main form where attendance takes place I have set an image control which shows the employee's picture at the time of attendance. But as soon as the picture of the employee comes, that picture is also entered in the gallery of Access. that makes Access file heavier and slower
gallery of Access
Within a day the database file size get more then 200 MBs....

Excel Facts

Create a Pivot Table on a Map
If your data has zip codes, postal codes, or city names, select the data and use Insert, 3D Map. (Found to right of chart icons).
THIS IS NOT ABOUT THAT I AM SEEKING
How is it not?
You are concerned about size and slowness due to all the images being stored in your database, right?
The article describes how you can store the images OUTSIDE of the database, and create links to them, to keep your database smaller and more efficient.

Upvote 0
A lot of shouting going on here - even the thread title. I thought there was a rule against that...

Upvote 0
How is it not?
You are concerned about size and slowness due to all the images being stored in your database, right?
The article describes how you can store the images OUTSIDE of the database, and create links to them, to keep your database smaller and more efficient.
I don't speak English. I speak to you through Google Translate. There may have been an error in the translation. So I am very sorry to you and to the board authority
I did exactly as suggested in your article.
I have stored the images in my computer storage and linked them to the database. Now the problem is that every employee enters the database at least twice a day while coming and going for duty. So every time one image is added to the database gallery.

Attachments

• SCANING.jpg
    SCANING.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 5
  • PICTURE LINK ADDRESS BOX.jpg
    PICTURE LINK ADDRESS BOX.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 5
  • STORING IN DATABASE.jpg
    STORING IN DATABASE.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 5
  • DATABASE table.jpg
    DATABASE table.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 5
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
provoking

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back