Simple Calculation using PIVOT

powerwill

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi Experts!

I have a simple problem, that I am looking to resolve. I am trying to get the Total % of Agents Meeting the Target which I haven't been able to figure out using the Pivot itself, and hence I am using a formula besides the Pivot so I can get the total percentage. (See the Yellow Columns/cells highlighted in the linked Excel Sheet)

Unlike the Total % of Audits meeting the target, I cannot seem to find a way around without using a separate formula. Can this be calculated within the same pivot, perhaps using a calculated field?

Link: Excel Sheet

Any help is appreciated!!

Excel Facts

Links? Where??
If Excel says you have links but you can't find them, go to Formulas, Name Manager. Look for old links to dead workbooks & delete.
Hi Experts!

I have a simple problem, that I am looking to resolve. I am trying to get the Total % of Agents Meeting the Target which I haven't been able to figure out using the Pivot itself, and hence I am using a formula besides the Pivot so I can get the total percentage. (See the Yellow Columns/cells highlighted in the linked Excel Sheet)

Unlike the Total % of Audits meeting the target, I cannot seem to find a way around without using a separate formula. Can this be calculated within the same pivot, perhaps using a calculated field?

Link: Excel Sheet

Any help is appreciated!!
@GlennUK your expertise would help a lot!

Upvote 0
You need to decide what the rules of calculation are. How are you assessing an agent? An agent can have scores above 92%, but the number of scores calculates as a different percentage. Are you wanting to score an agent on the average of all Audit Scores, or the Count of scores above 92% as a ratio of all audits per agent?

mrexcel.xlsx
QRS
1AgentAudit ScoreIf Target Met
2Bill56%0
3Bill87%0
4Bill92%1
5Bill99%1
6average84%50%
Sheet1

Upvote 0
You need to decide what the rules of calculation are. How are you assessing an agent? An agent can have scores above 92%, but the number of scores calculates as a different percentage. Are you wanting to score an agent on the average of all Audit Scores, or the Count of scores above 92% as a ratio of all audits per agent?

mrexcel.xlsx
QRS
2Bill56%0
3Bill87%0
4Bill92%1
5Bill99%1
6average84%50%
Sheet1
Thank you vmuch for your response.

Here I'm trying to find the total % of Agents whose average score is Greater than the given target of 92%.

Right now to do that I'm using the IF function and I'm getting the numbers right (Target met Yellow Column). However, I want to avoid using the function as the data keeps updating.

Upvote 0
Is this acceptable?

mrexcel.xlsx
ABCDEF
2Abdul96%1
3Abdul97%1TARGET92%
4Abdul98%1AgentMet?
5Abdul100%1SonyaTRUE
6Abdul100%1SuzyTRUE
7Abdul100%1AbdulTRUE
8Abdul100%1SimonTRUE
9Abdul100%1RalphTRUE
10Abdul100%1MaryTRUE
11Abdul100%1PeterTRUE
12Abdul100%1AhmedTRUE
13Ahmed56%0LizaTRUE
14Ahmed87%0KrishnaTRUE
15Ahmed92%1EugeneFALSE
16Ahmed99%1AlfredFALSE
17Ahmed100%1MonicaFALSE
18Ahmed100%1PaulFALSE
19Ahmed100%1OVERALL71.43%
Sheet1
Cell Formulas
RangeFormula
C2:C19C2=IF(B2>$F$3,1,0)
F5:F18F5=AVERAGEIF(Table1[Agent],E5,Table1[Audit Score])>92%
F19F19=COUNTIF(F5:F18,TRUE)/COUNTA(F5:F18)

Upvote 0
Is this acceptable?

mrexcel.xlsx
ABCDEF
2Abdul96%1
3Abdul97%1TARGET92%
4Abdul98%1AgentMet?
5Abdul100%1SonyaTRUE
6Abdul100%1SuzyTRUE
7Abdul100%1AbdulTRUE
8Abdul100%1SimonTRUE
9Abdul100%1RalphTRUE
10Abdul100%1MaryTRUE
11Abdul100%1PeterTRUE
12Abdul100%1AhmedTRUE
13Ahmed56%0LizaTRUE
14Ahmed87%0KrishnaTRUE
15Ahmed92%1EugeneFALSE
16Ahmed99%1AlfredFALSE
17Ahmed100%1MonicaFALSE
18Ahmed100%1PaulFALSE
19Ahmed100%1OVERALL71.43%
Sheet1
Cell Formulas
RangeFormula
C2:C19C2=IF(B2>$F$3,1,0)
F5:F18F5=AVERAGEIF(Table1[Agent],E5,Table1[Audit Score])>92%
F19F19=COUNTIF(F5:F18,TRUE)/COUNTA(F5:F18)
Apologies if I wasn't clear earlier.

I need to configure my Pivot to have a field that shows 1 or 100% for agents whose average score is greater than 92% and a 0 or 0% for average scores below 92%, so we can eliminate any functions or manual calculation in order to get the total % of Agents meeting the Target... All of this with only using Columns A, B, & C as the source data, is that possible? I use Office365. I need it in the pivot because its linked to an interactive Dashboard.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Explain why a non-PIvotTable solution is not usable to feed into an interactive dashboard?

Upvote 0
Explain why a non-PIvotTable solution is not usable to feed into an interactive dashboard?
I am told and I know Pivots are better and more efficient when working with Dashboards, besides the one who created the Dashboard has put close to 100 - 120 different tables that has made the file >100MB in size, so I am trying to figure out all possible ways to cut these tables/functions and see if I can make this work in the Pivot itself, now that we got office365. Tables would work sure, but do you think this is possible using a Pivot? Appreciate all your help ?

Upvote 0
Why oh why, when it is obvious that it can be done easily using formulas (especially the new SPILL functions of Excel 365), do you still keep on wanting a PivotTable solution. Your "explanation" of why you need a PivotTable is not valid ("are better" for example). I give up - maybe someone else can chip it.

Upvote 0
Why oh why, when it is obvious that it can be done easily using formulas (especially the new SPILL functions of Excel 365), do you still keep on wanting a PivotTable solution. Your "explanation" of why you need a PivotTable is not valid ("are better" for example). I give up - maybe someone else can chip it.
No problem. Thanks for your attention.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HypnoFant

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back