Simplify multiple conditional formats

ollyhughes1982

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. MacOS
Hi,

I have been adding some conditional formatting to one of my worksheets. What I have works as it should, but i would like to simplify it, if this is possible. As I'm going through the sheet I am building a massive list of formats and wondered if there was a way that I could perhaps combine them where they are looking at the same dataset. In the example link I have given the example of my alphabet range, as per screenshots.

Alphabet.jpg
Conditional Formatting.jpg

I was thinking, for example, for the line A-E, perhaps the 5 separate conditions could somehow be combined into one? Not sure if this is possible, but would definitely help if I could do this somehow.

Like i said, they work perfectly fine as is, it's more about efficiency and having to manage so many different conditions.

File is here: Analogue Scorecard.xlsx

Thanks in advance!

Olly.

Excel Facts

Lock one reference in a formula
Need 1 part of a formula to always point to the same range? use $ signs: $V$2:$Z$99 will always point to V2:Z99, even after copying
Try selecting L26:P31 & use this formula
Excel Formula:
=INDEX('All Completed Runs - Alphabet'!$C$4:$C$29,MATCH(L26,'All Completed Runs - Alphabet'!$A$4:$A$29,0))<>""

Upvote 0
Solution
Great, will try that now. Also, would it still work if I expanded the range downwards, or would I need to keep each line separate?

Upvote 0
I don't understand what you mean about expanding the range. There are only 26 letters of the Alphabet

Upvote 0
Sorry, I meant so that the condition applies to a range including all of the 6 rows, rather than just the A-E in the example I gave. I realise now, I can do that by just adding each line as a range, separated by commas in the 'Applies to' field. Thanks again, it works perfectly.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
You don't need to change the applies to range if you did what I suggested.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aaagu

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back