Slicer problem - quick help needed please

Bagharmin

Board Regular
I have a spreadsheet I update each week. In it, I have a Pivot Table/Chart with a Slicer that shows the work dates from the past week. Normally I just refresh the chart and the slicer changes appropriately. Today, I actually needed to change the data source to a different sheet in the workbook. The current data source has work dates from 3/28/16 to 4/2/16, but when I added a new slicer, the dates it showed were from 3/25/16 and earlier - the correct work dates weren't in the slicer at all in spite of being the only dates in the source data. What happened?

Noodleski

Possibly your slicer still references your old pivot source data. Have you tried adding a new slicer with the same date field?

Bagharmin

Board Regular
I tried that first and got the same result. So I deleted the slicer and tried again, still getting dates that would have been from last week's report (even though the source data only had the current dates). So I deleted the entire chart/table and started again. I selected the data and then added the Slicer, but still got the same result. After I posted, I junked the current week's report and started again with last week's, updating the data as needed. This time, the slicer showed the correct dates. I don't know what I did wrong the first time, but it looks like I avoided it this time.

Some videos you may like

This Week's Hot Topics

• Get External Data (long shot question!)
    This is likely a long shot but I am wondering if it is at all possible for Excel to somehow 'change' the contents of a URL that is being linked to...
  • Importing multiple excel files into one spreadsheet
    Hi, I'm trying to import multiple excel files (with the same format into a single spreadsheet) so that each day's file is listed underneath the...
  • Cell Formatting
    Good Morning, I need to format a few different cells in the following manners: A1 has to always add a colon (:) after whatever is typed in by a...
  • How to copy multiple rows using If
    Hi all, I'm very new to VBA and have written this simple code to copy certain cells if a certain cell within that row contains any data. I need...
  • Workbook_Change stopped working !
    I am working on an app to speed up & automate processing of Credit Cards statements. After data is input from a CSV file, it is presented to the...
  • VBA If statement
    Dear All, I have two dates, where I'd like a message box to pop, if the dates are between this criteria. [CODE] sDate1 = #10/1/2019#...