Slipping & Limiting Contract Revenues Based Off Start / End Dates

jaminator421

I am feeling rather lost - I spent from 9am yesterday morning to 5am this morning trying to solve this problem to no avail. I have a report due tomorrow at 12pm and need to get this finalized on a tight timeline. About to lose it haha :eek:!

For the sheet below I have 7 cases that I need to develop based off of a management case. Each row after the header row represents a different case. The management case is the "base line case" for which all other numbers will be modified. I was curious if it was possible that based off of the start and end dates for each case to distribute the revenues on a pro rata basis as the date move farther out (in this instance the date increases 6mo more in cases 1-5)

CaseStartEnd20112012201320142015201620172018
Management9/1/124/30/16$15$45$50$60$23
Case 13/1/1310/30/16
Case 29/1/134/30/17
Case 33/1/1410/30/17
Case 49/1/144/30/18
Case 53/1/1510/30/18
Case 69/1/121/30/16
Case 73/1/131/30/16

<tbody>
</tbody>

Could you help me develop a formula that I can enter beneath each year for each case (aside from the management case) that references the management case and distributes the revenues on a pro rata basis depending on the unique start and end dates? Important to note, for instances where the term - i.e. the end date minus the start date - shortens, like case 6, it would be helpful to just to have the revenue cut off on a pro rata basis. In other words I would imagine I have to annualize the management revenue that occurs in 2016 up to 4/30/16 in the management case then run it out at that annualized rate but only until 1/30/16. This becomes pretty difficult to figure out when you slip the date out but limit the term - as the number you will need to annualize changes. For example, case 7 where the start date slips out 6 months and the end date slips in 3 months.

I am about to go nuts trying to figure this out if you have any wisdom you could provide I would really appreciate it. Thanks in advance for any help you all can provide.

-Jamie

EDIT: The company who's contracts I am looking at is on a calendar year end on 9/30 of each year

Last edited:

Excel Facts

How to calculate loan payments in Excel?
Use the PMT function: =PMT(5%/12,60,-25000) is for a $25,000 loan, 5% annual interest, 60 month loan.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yesitisasport

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back