Small 7 x 5 monthly calendar Excel 2010

JJayne

Hi all, I havent been able to figuire this one out so looking for some help. I want to create a simple Mon - Sun 7 cell across by 5 cells down month only calendar based on month value (January 2015)shown in cell A1. I would like to change the month in A1 and have the dates automatically change as well.

Last edited:

Excel Facts

Format cells as date
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+3 to format cells as date. (Shift 3 is the # sign which sort of looks like a small calendar).
I am Sure VBA would be the cleanest way to go but it is also the most challenging for many of us, including me at this point. Would you be able to list the entire year and all the days of the week in a separate table and then use index-match to lookup or even vlookup to fill in the cells based on your A1 entry.

Upvote 0
I am Sure VBA would be the cleanest way to go but it is also the most challenging for many of us, including me at this point. Would you be able to list the entire year and all the days of the week in a separate table and then use index-match to lookup or even vlookup to fill in the cells based on your A1 entry.

Hmm still too noob to know how to do that as well im afraid, Ill try and study it up. Thanks for your help!

Upvote 0
This is not my code, I got it from a John Walkenbach book, but it works great...

Highlight your entire 7x5 grid and put this formula in the formula bar. You must hit Control-Shift-Enter to enter the formula. If the formula is not surrounded by these { }, you have not entered it correctly. You should format your grid as either d or dd (Custom Format). You can then add the name of the days (Mon, Tue, etc and the Month) as you see fit. The value in A1 should be something like 8/2015 for August...

=IF(MONTH(DATE(YEAR(A1),MONTH(A1),1))<>MONTH(DATE(YEAR(A1),MONTH(A1),1)-(WEEKDAY(DATE(YEAR(A1),MONTH(A1),1))-1)+{0;1;2;3;4;5}*7+{1,2,3,4,5,6,7}-1)," ",DATE(YEAR(A1),MONTH(A1),1)-(WEEKDAY(DATE(YEAR(A1),MONTH(A1),1))-1)+{0;1;2;3;4;5}*7+{1,2,3,4,5,6,7}-1)

HTH

igold

Upvote 0
I was playing around with this and found that in some months with 31 days if the first was on a Friday or Saturday then you will need a 6th row to accommodate the 31. so make your grid a 7x6

Upvote 0
Wow that works perfectly! Thank You!

This is not my code, I got it from a John Walkenbach book, but it works great...

Highlight your entire 7x5 grid and put this formula in the formula bar. You must hit Control-Shift-Enter to enter the formula. If the formula is not surrounded by these { }, you have not entered it correctly. You should format your grid as either d or dd (Custom Format). You can then add the name of the days (Mon, Tue, etc and the Month) as you see fit. The value in A1 should be something like 8/2015 for August...

=IF(MONTH(DATE(YEAR(A1),MONTH(A1),1))<>MONTH(DATE(YEAR(A1),MONTH(A1),1)-(WEEKDAY(DATE(YEAR(A1),MONTH(A1),1))-1)+{0;1;2;3;4;5}*7+{1,2,3,4,5,6,7}-1)," ",DATE(YEAR(A1),MONTH(A1),1)-(WEEKDAY(DATE(YEAR(A1),MONTH(A1),1))-1)+{0;1;2;3;4;5}*7+{1,2,3,4,5,6,7}-1)

HTH

igold

Upvote 0
Great. I am glad I could help. Thanks for the feedback.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snowinx

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back