Soccer Rotation forumla

dpwilson

I am coaching a youth soccer team. We have 6 positions on the field: Goalkeeper, 2 fullbacks and 3 fwds. The game is split in to 4 quarters with a stopping point halfway between each quarter to substitute players. The Goalkeeper will play the entire quarter with the other positions rotating at each quarter and halfway point in the quarter.

I have 9 kids on the roster and am looking for a formula which will rotate the field players evenly on every rotation as well as the goalkeeper staying in for two consecutive rotations then getting back into normal rotation after they have played this position. SO it should always have 3 players on the bench and never sitting out more than one "half quarter" at a time.

Example:
1st quarter: player 1-GK, 2-LF, 3-RF, 4-RW, 5-C, 6-LW.
Midway of 1st: 1-GK, 7-LF, 8-RF, 9-RW, 3-C,4-LW
2nd quarter: 2-GK, 5-LF, 6-RF,.............

If possible, it would also be able to change each game, so that the same three players dont start out on bench every game.
Also, there will be games when all 9 players do not show up, so it will have to be based on players who show up for each game.

As a bonus, would it be possible to create a sheet as shown here soccer rotation | Flickr - Photo Sharing! (with 8 fields) and have it poplulated with the data created?

Any and all help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Excel Facts

What is =ROMAN(40) in Excel?
The Roman numeral for 40 is XL. Bill "MrExcel" Jelen's 40th book was called MrExcel XL.
ok Ill work on it,

lets get this straight, all kids must play all positions? how many games are there?

Upvote 0
I'm having a hard time with this, Ill think about it and post on here my thoughts tomorrow. sorry

Upvote 0
When I click the link, it takes me to my google drive. Sorry to be troublesome, I am not really familiar with drive. Is there a way to retrieve it from there or is it a bad link?

Upvote 0
Thanks for the help. I will play around with it in the next day or so and get back to ya and let ya know how it worked out. Sure appreciate it.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
againofsoul

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back