Soccer Rotation forumla

dpwilson

I am coaching a youth soccer team. We have 6 positions on the field: Goalkeeper, 2 fullbacks and 3 fwds. The game is split in to 4 quarters with a stopping point halfway between each quarter to substitute players. The Goalkeeper will play the entire quarter with the other positions rotating at each quarter and halfway point in the quarter.

I have 9 kids on the roster and am looking for a formula which will rotate the field players evenly on every rotation as well as the goalkeeper staying in for two consecutive rotations then getting back into normal rotation after they have played this position. SO it should always have 3 players on the bench and never sitting out more than one "half quarter" at a time.

Example:
1st quarter: player 1-GK, 2-LF, 3-RF, 4-RW, 5-C, 6-LW.
Midway of 1st: 1-GK, 7-LF, 8-RF, 9-RW, 3-C,4-LW
2nd quarter: 2-GK, 5-LF, 6-RF,.............

If possible, it would also be able to change each game, so that the same three players dont start out on bench every game.
Also, there will be games when all 9 players do not show up, so it will have to be based on players who show up for each game.

As a bonus, would it be possible to create a sheet as shown here soccer rotation | Flickr - Photo Sharing! (with 8 fields) and have it poplulated with the data created?

Any and all help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Is there any life in this thread anymore? I'm taking on my very first under 8 soccer coaching job and would LOVE to be able to try this spreadsheet out. HELP! We go by the same rules, all players must play all positions and all must play during a game (10 players total).

Thanks in advance. I tried the Dropbox link but it's no longer valid. And if the OP can let me know how it worked for him that'd be excellent.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

How to total the visible cells?
From the first blank cell below a filtered data set, press Alt+=. Instead of SUM, you will get SUBTOTAL(9,)
I'm new to coaching soccer and had the same req's as the OP where I HAVE to rotate kids in and out of the game and between all positions. It's and under-8 league/team that I'm coaching so they want all the kids to get exp in every area and to make sure they all get to play regardless of skill level. Which is great since my 6yr old daughter is playing for the first time. Thank you jamtay317 for finding the file for me. I posted my question before I realized the original was 3 yrs old...lol

Upvote 0
I think that it was a bad link, here is a good link. This is to dropbox all you have to do is click on the link and download the file. when you open it up you will have to enable macros. then type the kids names where it says Please Type Kids Names here. and click the button that I've added
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/9sl2jbsnw6c44fn/kxSr1qFyTP

Could you reshare this please? I have been looking for something similar for a few weeks now. I made my own excel files that I manually enter everything into every game, but I keep trying to find a way to auto generate the different lineups for a full game.

Thanks!

Upvote 0
I think that it was a bad link, here is a good link. This is to dropbox all you have to do is click on the link and download the file. when you open it up you will have to enable macros. then type the kids names where it says Please Type Kids Names here. and click the button that I've added
Dropbox - File Deleted - Simplify your life
Hi was just wondering if this was still available. I tried to use the link. I am looking for the same thing except my goalies switch every rotation. we are u8 so we switch every 4-5 minutes. Any help would be great.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jojomen56

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back