Sort and separate data based on certain criteria

mDgo0d4mE

Hello i'm trying to group the CODE values and get a total of the count based on certain instances. i cant use a pivot table when doing this so VBA code is preferred

Then i would like to do the same but for "Coconut" only in the FRUIT2 Column using certain instances
Then i would like to know the only the "Apple" only in the FRUIT1 Column using certain instances.
and so on and so on...for only the Fruit1 fields.

All of this data is on an open workbook, would like move it to another.
Here is my current Code, im just not should what i should do next for sorting.

Code:
Sub CopyColumnToWorkbook()Dim sourceColumn As Range, targetcolumn As Range
Set sourceColumn = Workbooks("test1.csv").Worksheets(1).Columns("A")
Set targetcolumn = Workbooks("test2.xlsm").Worksheets(1).Columns("A")
sourceColumn.Copy Destination:=targetcolumn
ActiveSheet.Range("A1:A10000").RemoveDuplicates Columns:=Array(1), Header:=xlYes
End Sub

Here is the Current data i have.
NOTE: Grey and "Blank" should be combined with the white value.

ABCDEF
CODEFRUIT1FRUIT2YES/NOCOLORCOUNT
1APPLECOCONUTYESRED1
1ORANGECOCONUTYESGREEN1
1BANANACOCONUTYESWHITE1
1STRAWBERRYCOCONUTYESGREY1
1GRAPECOCONUTYES1
1CHERRYCOCONUTYESRED1
1PINEAPPLECOCONUTYESGREEN1
1PEARCOCONUTYESWHITE1
1CORNCOCONUTYESGREY1
1CORNCOCONUTYES1
1CORNAPPLENOWHITE1
1CORNORANGENOWHITE1
1CORNBANANANOWHITE1
1CORNSTRAWBERRYNOWHITE1
1CORNGRAPENOWHITE1
2APPLECOCONUTYESRED1
2ORANGECOCONUTYESGREEN1
2BANANACOCONUTYESWHITE1
2STRAWBERRYCOCONUTYESGREY1
2GRAPECOCONUTYES1
2CHERRYCOCONUTYESRED1
2PINEAPPLECOCONUTYESGREEN1
2PEARCOCONUTYESWHITE1
2CORNCOCONUTYESGREY1
2CORNCOCONUTYES1
2CORNAPPLENOWHITE1
2CORNORANGENOWHITE1
2CORNBANANANOWHITE1
2CORNSTRAWBERRYNOWHITE1
2CORNGRAPENOWHITE1

<tbody>
</tbody>

Here is the final result im kinda looking for with a total row added below with the Z column blank then starting a new group "COCONUT"

ANOPQRSTUVWXYZ
CODETOTAL
TOTAL-YES

<tbody>
</tbody>
TOTAL-NO

<tbody>
</tbody>
TOTAL-RED

<tbody>
</tbody>
TOTAL-GREEN

<tbody>
</tbody>
TOTAL-WHITE/GREY/BLANK

<tbody>
</tbody>
YES+RED

<tbody>
</tbody>
NO+RED

<tbody>
</tbody>
YES+GREEN

<tbody>
</tbody>
NO+GREEN

<tbody>
</tbody>
YES+WHITE/GREY/BLANK

<tbody>
</tbody>
NO+WHITE/GREY/BLANK

<tbody>
</tbody>
TOTAL302010442240401210

<tbody>
</tbody>

Any Help would be greatly appreciated, ive been trying to wrap my head around how to logically think of a way to sort this out using a macro.

Thanks

Excel Facts

Bring active cell back into view
Start at A1 and select to A9999 while writing a formula, you can't see A1 anymore. Press Ctrl+Backspace to bring active cell into view.
Re: How can i sort and separate data based on certain criteria's?

Try this for the basic concept. The results will show on sheet2 starting "A1".
Code:
[COLOR="Navy"]Sub[/COLOR] MG12Oct05
[COLOR="Navy"]Dim[/COLOR] Rng [COLOR="Navy"]As[/COLOR] Range, Dn [COLOR="Navy"]As[/COLOR] Range, n [COLOR="Navy"]As[/COLOR] [COLOR="Navy"]Long[/COLOR]
[COLOR="Navy"]Dim[/COLOR] c [COLOR="Navy"]As[/COLOR] [COLOR="Navy"]Long,[/COLOR] R [COLOR="Navy"]As[/COLOR] Range, K [COLOR="Navy"]As[/COLOR] Variant
c = 1
[COLOR="Navy"]Set[/COLOR] Rng = Range(Range("A2"), Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp))
[COLOR="Navy"]With[/COLOR] CreateObject("scripting.dictionary")
.CompareMode = vbTextCompare
[COLOR="Navy"]For[/COLOR] [COLOR="Navy"]Each[/COLOR] Dn [COLOR="Navy"]In[/COLOR] Rng
    [COLOR="Navy"]If[/COLOR] Not .exists(Dn.Value) [COLOR="Navy"]Then[/COLOR]
        .Add Dn.Value, Dn
    [COLOR="Navy"]Else[/COLOR]
         [COLOR="Navy"]Set[/COLOR] .Item(Dn.Value) = Union(.Item(Dn.Value), Dn)
    [COLOR="Navy"]End[/COLOR] If
[COLOR="Navy"]Next[/COLOR]
ReDim ray(1 To .Count + 2, 1 To 13)
ray(1, 1) = "CODE": ray(1, 2) = "TOTAL": ray(1, 3) = "TOTAL-YES": ray(1, 4) = "TOTAL-NO": ray(1, 5) = "TOTAL-RED"
ray(1, 6) = "TOTAL-GREEN": ray(1, 7) = "TOTAL-WHITE/GREY/BLANK": ray(1, 8) = "YES+RED": ray(1, 9) = "NO+RED"
ray(1, 10) = "YES+GREEN": ray(1, 11) = "NO+GREEN": ray(1, 12) = "YES+WHITE/GREY/BLANK": ray(1, 13) = "NO+WHITE/GREY/BLANK"

[COLOR="Navy"]For[/COLOR] [COLOR="Navy"]Each[/COLOR] K [COLOR="Navy"]In[/COLOR] .Keys
    c = c + 1
    ray(c, 1) = K: ray(c, 2) = .Item(K).Count
    [COLOR="Navy"]For[/COLOR] [COLOR="Navy"]Each[/COLOR] R [COLOR="Navy"]In[/COLOR] .Item(K)
            [COLOR="Navy"]If[/COLOR] R.Offset(, 3).Value = "YES" [COLOR="Navy"]Then[/COLOR] ray(c, 3) = ray(c, 3) + 1
            [COLOR="Navy"]If[/COLOR] R.Offset(, 3).Value = "NO" [COLOR="Navy"]Then[/COLOR] ray(c, 4) = ray(c, 4) + 1
            [COLOR="Navy"]If[/COLOR] R.Offset(, 4).Value = "RED" [COLOR="Navy"]Then[/COLOR] ray(c, 5) = ray(c, 5) + 1
            [COLOR="Navy"]If[/COLOR] R.Offset(, 4).Value = "GREEN" [COLOR="Navy"]Then[/COLOR] ray(c, 6) = ray(c, 6) + 1
            [COLOR="Navy"]If[/COLOR] R.Offset(, 4).Value = "WHITE" Or R.Offset(, 4).Value = "GREY" Or R.Offset(, 4).Value = vbNullString [COLOR="Navy"]Then[/COLOR] ray(c, 7) = ray(c, 7) + 1
            [COLOR="Navy"]If[/COLOR] R.Offset(, 3).Value = "YES" And R.Offset(, 4).Value = "RED" [COLOR="Navy"]Then[/COLOR] ray(c, 8) = ray(c, 8) + 1
            [COLOR="Navy"]If[/COLOR] R.Offset(, 3).Value = "NO" And R.Offset(, 4).Value = "RED" [COLOR="Navy"]Then[/COLOR] ray(c, 9) = ray(c, 9) + 1
            [COLOR="Navy"]If[/COLOR] R.Offset(, 3).Value = "YES" And R.Offset(, 4).Value = "GREEN" [COLOR="Navy"]Then[/COLOR] ray(c, 10) = ray(c, 10) + 1
            [COLOR="Navy"]If[/COLOR] R.Offset(, 3).Value = "NO" And R.Offset(, 4).Value = "GREEN" [COLOR="Navy"]Then[/COLOR] ray(c, 11) = ray(c, 11) + 1
            [COLOR="Navy"]If[/COLOR] R.Offset(, 3).Value = "YES" And R.Offset(, 4).Value = "WHITE" Or R.Offset(, 4).Value = "GREY" Or R.Offset(, 4).Value = vbNullString [COLOR="Navy"]Then[/COLOR] ray(c, 12) = ray(c, 12) + 1
            [COLOR="Navy"]If[/COLOR] R.Offset(, 3).Value = "NO" And R.Offset(, 4).Value = "WHITE" Or R.Offset(, 4).Value = "GREY" Or R.Offset(, 4).Value = vbNullString [COLOR="Navy"]Then[/COLOR] ray(c, 13) = ray(c, 13) + 1
     [COLOR="Navy"]Next[/COLOR] R
[COLOR="Navy"]Next[/COLOR] K
[COLOR="Navy"]Dim[/COLOR] Ac [COLOR="Navy"]As[/COLOR] [COLOR="Navy"]Long[/COLOR]
[COLOR="Navy"]For[/COLOR] Ac = 1 To UBound(ray, 2)
    [COLOR="Navy"]For[/COLOR] n = 2 To c
        [COLOR="Navy"]If[/COLOR] IsEmpty(ray(n, Ac)) [COLOR="Navy"]Then[/COLOR] ray(n, Ac) = 0
        ray(UBound(ray, 1), Ac) = ray(UBound(ray, 1), Ac) + ray(n, Ac)
    [COLOR="Navy"]Next[/COLOR] n
[COLOR="Navy"]Next[/COLOR] Ac
ray(UBound(ray, 1), 1) = "TOTAL"
[COLOR="Navy"]With[/COLOR] Sheets("Sheet2").Range("A1").Resize(UBound(ray, 1), 13)
    .Value = ray
    .Borders.Weight = 2
    .Columns.AutoFit
[COLOR="Navy"]End[/COLOR] With
[COLOR="Navy"]End[/COLOR] [COLOR="Navy"]Sub[/COLOR]
Regards Mick

Upvote 0

Hey Mick!

Thank you so much, this is the logic i am looking for. i was able to get it to work with changing the data around as well.

My next few questions is that i currently have a template set up for all this data to be moved to with the macro inside that template.

• How hard would it be if i have one workbook open that has the raw data (lets call it "data.csv") and the other my workbook with my template ("Template.xlsm")
  • I have more raw data that goes with the "CODE" column that ranges from B2:N1000+ that needs to stay in the same row with the specific code number.
  • (this is what the data.csv looks like) sorry that i didnt include it in the first post, i tried to make it simple at first and get the logic across)
  • ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRS
    CODEDATA1DATA2DATA3DATA4DATA5DATA6DATA7DATA8DATA9DATA10DATA11DATA12DATA13FRUIT1FRUIT2YES/NOCOLORCOUNT
    1ZZZZZZZZZZZZZAPPLECOCONUTYESRED1

<tbody>
    </tbody>

• Then i guess my followup question would be for the the Template.xlsm file after adding the total that you produced, to then separate out just like the total group but with "COCONUTS" FROM FRUIT2 COLUMN ONLY
  • THEN AFTER THAT JUST THE "APPLES" FROM FRUIT1 COLUMN.

Again, this is great stuff! Thanks for your response

Upvote 0

Try this for "Template.xlsm" and "Data.csv"
Code:
[COLOR="Navy"]Sub[/COLOR] MG14Oct50
[COLOR="Navy"]Dim[/COLOR] Rng [COLOR="Navy"]As[/COLOR] Range, Dn [COLOR="Navy"]As[/COLOR] Range, n [COLOR="Navy"]As[/COLOR] [COLOR="Navy"]Long,[/COLOR] col [COLOR="Navy"]As[/COLOR] Variant, nRw [COLOR="Navy"]As[/COLOR] [COLOR="Navy"]Long,[/COLOR] oSet [COLOR="Navy"]As[/COLOR] [COLOR="Navy"]Long[/COLOR]
[COLOR="Navy"]Dim[/COLOR] c [COLOR="Navy"]As[/COLOR] [COLOR="Navy"]Long,[/COLOR] R [COLOR="Navy"]As[/COLOR] Range, K [COLOR="Navy"]As[/COLOR] Variant, Rw [COLOR="Navy"]As[/COLOR] [COLOR="Navy"]Long[/COLOR]
c = 1: nRw = 2
Rw = Workbooks("Data.csv").Sheets("Data").Cells(1).CurrentRegion.Rows.Count
ReDim Ray(1 To Rw * 3, 1 To 13)
Ray(1, 1) = "CODE": Ray(1, 2) = "TOTAL": Ray(1, 3) = "TOTAL-YES": Ray(1, 4) = "TOTAL-NO": Ray(1, 5) = "TOTAL-RED"
Ray(1, 6) = "TOTAL-GREEN": Ray(1, 7) = "TOTAL-WHITE/GREY/BLANK": Ray(1, 8) = "YES+RED": Ray(1, 9) = "NO+RED"
Ray(1, 10) = "YES+GREEN": Ray(1, 11) = "NO+GREEN": Ray(1, 12) = "YES+WHITE/GREY/BLANK": Ray(1, 13) = "NO+WHITE/GREY/BLANK"

[COLOR="Navy"]For[/COLOR] [COLOR="Navy"]Each[/COLOR] col [COLOR="Navy"]In[/COLOR] Array(1, 15, 16)
[COLOR="Navy"]With[/COLOR] Workbooks("Data.csv").Sheets("data")
[COLOR="Navy"]Set[/COLOR] Rng = .Range(.Cells(2, col), .Cells(Rows.Count, col).End(xlUp))
[COLOR="Navy"]With[/COLOR] CreateObject("scripting.dictionary")
[COLOR="Navy"]For[/COLOR] [COLOR="Navy"]Each[/COLOR] Dn [COLOR="Navy"]In[/COLOR] Rng
    [COLOR="Navy"]If[/COLOR] Not .exists(Dn.Value) [COLOR="Navy"]Then[/COLOR]
        .Add Dn.Value, Dn
    [COLOR="Navy"]Else[/COLOR]
         [COLOR="Navy"]Set[/COLOR] .Item(Dn.Value) = Union(.Item(Dn.Value), Dn)
    [COLOR="Navy"]End[/COLOR] If
[COLOR="Navy"]Next[/COLOR]
[COLOR="Navy"]For[/COLOR] [COLOR="Navy"]Each[/COLOR] K [COLOR="Navy"]In[/COLOR] .Keys
    c = c + 1
    Ray(c, 1) = K: Ray(c, 2) = .Item(K).Count
    [COLOR="Navy"]For[/COLOR] [COLOR="Navy"]Each[/COLOR] R [COLOR="Navy"]In[/COLOR] .Item(K)
             [COLOR="Navy"]Select[/COLOR] [COLOR="Navy"]Case[/COLOR] col
                [COLOR="Navy"]Case[/COLOR] 1: oSet = 16
                [COLOR="Navy"]Case[/COLOR] 15: oSet = 2
                [COLOR="Navy"]Case[/COLOR] 16: oSet = 1
            [COLOR="Navy"]End[/COLOR] Select

[COLOR="Navy"]If[/COLOR] R.Offset(, oSet).Value = "YES" [COLOR="Navy"]Then[/COLOR] Ray(c, 3) = Ray(c, 3) + 1
            [COLOR="Navy"]If[/COLOR] R.Offset(, oSet).Value = "NO" [COLOR="Navy"]Then[/COLOR] Ray(c, 4) = Ray(c, 4) + 1
            [COLOR="Navy"]If[/COLOR] R.Offset(, oSet + 1).Value = "RED" [COLOR="Navy"]Then[/COLOR] Ray(c, 5) = Ray(c, 5) + 1
            [COLOR="Navy"]If[/COLOR] R.Offset(, oSet + 1).Value = "GREEN" [COLOR="Navy"]Then[/COLOR] Ray(c, 6) = Ray(c, 6) + 1
            [COLOR="Navy"]If[/COLOR] R.Offset(, oSet + 1).Value = "WHITE" Or R.Offset(, oSet + 1).Value = "GREY" Or R.Offset(, oSet + 1).Value = vbNullString [COLOR="Navy"]Then[/COLOR] Ray(c, 7) = Ray(c, 7) + 1
            [COLOR="Navy"]If[/COLOR] R.Offset(, oSet).Value = "YES" And R.Offset(, oSet + 1).Value = "RED" [COLOR="Navy"]Then[/COLOR] Ray(c, 8) = Ray(c, 8) + 1
            [COLOR="Navy"]If[/COLOR] R.Offset(, oSet).Value = "NO" And R.Offset(, oSet + 1).Value = "RED" [COLOR="Navy"]Then[/COLOR] Ray(c, 9) = Ray(c, 9) + 1
            [COLOR="Navy"]If[/COLOR] R.Offset(, oSet).Value = "YES" And R.Offset(, oSet + 1).Value = "GREEN" [COLOR="Navy"]Then[/COLOR] Ray(c, 10) = Ray(c, 10) + 1
            [COLOR="Navy"]If[/COLOR] R.Offset(, oSet).Value = "NO" And R.Offset(, oSet + 1).Value = "GREEN" [COLOR="Navy"]Then[/COLOR] Ray(c, 11) = Ray(c, 11) + 1
            [COLOR="Navy"]If[/COLOR] R.Offset(, oSet).Value = "YES" And R.Offset(, oSet + 1).Value = "WHITE" Or R.Offset(, oSet).Value = "YES" And R.Offset(, oSet + 1).Value = "GREY" Or R.Offset(, oSet).Value = "YES" And R.Offset(, oSet + 1).Value = vbNullString [COLOR="Navy"]Then[/COLOR] Ray(c, 12) = Ray(c, 12) + 1
            [COLOR="Navy"]If[/COLOR] R.Offset(, oSet).Value = "NO" And R.Offset(, oSet + 1).Value = "WHITE" Or R.Offset(, oSet).Value = "NO" And R.Offset(, oSet + 1).Value = "GREY" Or R.Offset(, oSet).Value = "NO" And R.Offset(, oSet + 1).Value = vbNullString [COLOR="Navy"]Then[/COLOR] Ray(c, 13) = Ray(c, 13) + 1
     [COLOR="Navy"]Next[/COLOR] R
[COLOR="Navy"]Next[/COLOR] K
[COLOR="Navy"]Dim[/COLOR] Ac [COLOR="Navy"]As[/COLOR] [COLOR="Navy"]Long[/COLOR]
c = c + 1
[COLOR="Navy"]For[/COLOR] Ac = 2 To UBound(Ray, 2)
    [COLOR="Navy"]For[/COLOR] n = nRw To c - 1
       '[COLOR="Green"][B] If IsEmpty(Ray(n, Ac)) Then Ray(n, Ac) = 0 ' <<< If you want "0" intead of blanks add this line[/B][/COLOR]
        Ray(c, Ac) = Ray(c, Ac) + Ray(n, Ac)
    [COLOR="Navy"]Next[/COLOR] n
[COLOR="Navy"]Next[/COLOR] Ac
Ray(c, 1) = "TOTAL"
c = c + 1
nRw = c
[COLOR="Navy"]Next[/COLOR] col
[COLOR="Navy"]With[/COLOR] Workbooks("Template.xlsm").Sheets("Sheet1").Range("A1").Resize(c, 13)
    .ClearContents
    .Value = Ray
    .Borders.Weight = 2
    .Columns.AutoFit
[COLOR="Navy"]End[/COLOR] [COLOR="Navy"]With[/COLOR]
[COLOR="Navy"]End[/COLOR] [COLOR="Navy"]Sub[/COLOR]
Regards Mick

Upvote 0

hey MickG,

Thank you for your reply, i was able to test and it only shows it going down column A and it copys over my row 1 text i have in my template.

ABCDEFGHIJKLM
NOPQRSTUVWXYZ
CODETOTAL
TOTAL-YES

<tbody>
</tbody>

TOTAL-NO

<tbody>
</tbody>

TOTAL-RED

<tbody>
</tbody>

TOTAL-GREEN

<tbody>
</tbody>

TOTAL-WHITE/GREY/BLANK

<tbody>
</tbody>

YES+RED

<tbody>
</tbody>

NO+RED

<tbody>
</tbody>

YES+GREEN

<tbody>
</tbody>

NO+GREEN

<tbody>
</tbody>

YES+WHITE/GREY/BLANK

<tbody>
</tbody>

NO+WHITE/GREY/BLANK

<tbody>
</tbody>

<tbody>
</tbody>

<tbody>
</tbody>
CODEDATA1DATA2DATA3DATA4DATA5DATA6DATA7DATA8DATA9DATA10DATA11DATA12

<tbody>
</tbody>
same code as you posted.
Code:
[COLOR=Navy]Sub[/COLOR][COLOR=#574123] MG14Oct50[/COLOR][COLOR=Navy]Dim[/COLOR] Rng [COLOR=Navy]As[/COLOR] Range, Dn [COLOR=Navy]As[/COLOR] Range, n [COLOR=Navy]As[/COLOR] [COLOR=Navy]Long,[/COLOR] col [COLOR=Navy]As[/COLOR] Variant, nRw [COLOR=Navy]As[/COLOR] [COLOR=Navy]Long,[/COLOR] oSet [COLOR=Navy]As[/COLOR] [COLOR=Navy]Long[/COLOR]
[COLOR=Navy]Dim[/COLOR] c [COLOR=Navy]As[/COLOR] [COLOR=Navy]Long,[/COLOR] R [COLOR=Navy]As[/COLOR] Range, K [COLOR=Navy]As[/COLOR] Variant, Rw [COLOR=Navy]As[/COLOR] [COLOR=Navy]Long[/COLOR]
c = 1: nRw = 2
Rw = Workbooks("Data.csv").Sheets("Data").Cells(1).CurrentRegion.Rows.Count
ReDim Ray(1 To Rw * 3, 1 To 13)
Ray(1, 1) = "CODE": Ray(1, 2) = "TOTAL": Ray(1, 3) = "TOTAL-YES": Ray(1, 4) = "TOTAL-NO": Ray(1, 5) = "TOTAL-RED"
Ray(1, 6) = "TOTAL-GREEN": Ray(1, 7) = "TOTAL-WHITE/GREY/BLANK": Ray(1, 8) = "YES+RED": Ray(1, 9) = "NO+RED"
Ray(1, 10) = "YES+GREEN": Ray(1, 11) = "NO+GREEN": Ray(1, 12) = "YES+WHITE/GREY/BLANK": Ray(1, 13) = "NO+WHITE/GREY/BLANK"

[COLOR=Navy]For[/COLOR] [COLOR=Navy]Each[/COLOR] col [COLOR=Navy]In[/COLOR] Array(1, 15, 16)
[COLOR=Navy]With[/COLOR] Workbooks("Data.csv").Sheets("data")
[COLOR=Navy]Set[/COLOR] Rng = .Range(.Cells(2, col), .Cells(Rows.Count, col).End(xlUp))
[COLOR=Navy]End[/COLOR] With
[COLOR=Navy]With[/COLOR] CreateObject("scripting.dictionary")
[COLOR=Navy]For[/COLOR] [COLOR=Navy]Each[/COLOR] Dn [COLOR=Navy]In[/COLOR] Rng
    [COLOR=Navy]If[/COLOR] Not .exists(Dn.Value) [COLOR=Navy]Then[/COLOR]
        .Add Dn.Value, Dn
    [COLOR=Navy]Else[/COLOR]
         [COLOR=Navy]Set[/COLOR] .Item(Dn.Value) = Union(.Item(Dn.Value), Dn)
    [COLOR=Navy]End[/COLOR] If
[COLOR=Navy]Next[/COLOR]
[COLOR=Navy]For[/COLOR] [COLOR=Navy]Each[/COLOR] K [COLOR=Navy]In[/COLOR] .Keys
    c = c + 1
    Ray(c, 1) = K: Ray(c, 2) = .Item(K).Count
    [COLOR=Navy]For[/COLOR] [COLOR=Navy]Each[/COLOR] R [COLOR=Navy]In[/COLOR] .Item(K)
             [COLOR=Navy]Select[/COLOR] [COLOR=Navy]Case[/COLOR] col
                [COLOR=Navy]Case[/COLOR] 1: oSet = 16
                [COLOR=Navy]Case[/COLOR] 15: oSet = 2
                [COLOR=Navy]Case[/COLOR] 16: oSet = 1
            [COLOR=Navy]End[/COLOR] Select

[COLOR=Navy]If[/COLOR] R.Offset(, oSet).Value = "YES" [COLOR=Navy]Then[/COLOR] Ray(c, 3) = Ray(c, 3) + 1
            [COLOR=Navy]If[/COLOR] R.Offset(, oSet).Value = "NO" [COLOR=Navy]Then[/COLOR] Ray(c, 4) = Ray(c, 4) + 1
            [COLOR=Navy]If[/COLOR] R.Offset(, oSet + 1).Value = "RED" [COLOR=Navy]Then[/COLOR] Ray(c, 5) = Ray(c, 5) + 1
            [COLOR=Navy]If[/COLOR] R.Offset(, oSet + 1).Value = "GREEN" [COLOR=Navy]Then[/COLOR] Ray(c, 6) = Ray(c, 6) + 1
            [COLOR=Navy]If[/COLOR] R.Offset(, oSet + 1).Value = "WHITE" Or R.Offset(, oSet + 1).Value = "GREY" Or R.Offset(, oSet + 1).Value = vbNullString [COLOR=Navy]Then[/COLOR] Ray(c, 7) = Ray(c, 7) + 1
            [COLOR=Navy]If[/COLOR] R.Offset(, oSet).Value = "YES" And R.Offset(, oSet + 1).Value = "RED" [COLOR=Navy]Then[/COLOR] Ray(c, 8) = Ray(c, 8) + 1
            [COLOR=Navy]If[/COLOR] R.Offset(, oSet).Value = "NO" And R.Offset(, oSet + 1).Value = "RED" [COLOR=Navy]Then[/COLOR] Ray(c, 9) = Ray(c, 9) + 1
            [COLOR=Navy]If[/COLOR] R.Offset(, oSet).Value = "YES" And R.Offset(, oSet + 1).Value = "GREEN" [COLOR=Navy]Then[/COLOR] Ray(c, 10) = Ray(c, 10) + 1
            [COLOR=Navy]If[/COLOR] R.Offset(, oSet).Value = "NO" And R.Offset(, oSet + 1).Value = "GREEN" [COLOR=Navy]Then[/COLOR] Ray(c, 11) = Ray(c, 11) + 1
            [COLOR=Navy]If[/COLOR] R.Offset(, oSet).Value = "YES" And R.Offset(, oSet + 1).Value = "WHITE" Or R.Offset(, oSet).Value = "YES" And R.Offset(, oSet + 1).Value = "GREY" Or R.Offset(, oSet).Value = "YES" And R.Offset(, oSet + 1).Value = vbNullString [COLOR=Navy]Then[/COLOR] Ray(c, 12) = Ray(c, 12) + 1
            [COLOR=Navy]If[/COLOR] R.Offset(, oSet).Value = "NO" And R.Offset(, oSet + 1).Value = "WHITE" Or R.Offset(, oSet).Value = "NO" And R.Offset(, oSet + 1).Value = "GREY" Or R.Offset(, oSet).Value = "NO" And R.Offset(, oSet + 1).Value = vbNullString [COLOR=Navy]Then[/COLOR] Ray(c, 13) = Ray(c, 13) + 1
     [COLOR=Navy]Next[/COLOR] R
[COLOR=Navy]Next[/COLOR] K
[COLOR=Navy]Dim[/COLOR] Ac [COLOR=Navy]As[/COLOR] [COLOR=Navy]Long[/COLOR]
c = c + 1
[COLOR=Navy]For[/COLOR] Ac = 2 To UBound(Ray, 2)
    [COLOR=Navy]For[/COLOR] n = nRw To c - 1
       '[COLOR=Green][B] If IsEmpty(Ray(n, Ac)) Then Ray(n, Ac) = 0 ' <<< If you want "0" intead of blanks add this line[/B][/COLOR]
        Ray(c, Ac) = Ray(c, Ac) + Ray(n, Ac)
    [COLOR=Navy]Next[/COLOR] n
[COLOR=Navy]Next[/COLOR] Ac
Ray(c, 1) = "TOTAL"
[COLOR=Navy]End[/COLOR] With
c = c + 1
nRw = c
[COLOR=Navy]Next[/COLOR] col
[COLOR=Navy]With[/COLOR] Workbooks("Template.xlsm").Sheets("Sheet1").Range("A1").Resize(c, 13)
    .ClearContents
    .Value = Ray
    .Borders.Weight = 2
    .Columns.AutoFit
[COLOR=Navy]End[/COLOR] [COLOR=Navy]With[/COLOR] [COLOR=Navy]End[/COLOR][COLOR=#574123] [/COLOR][COLOR=Navy]Sub[/COLOR]

Upvote 0

My code takes the Data (cvs file) in column "A" along with columns "O to S" runs the code on them and places the results in "Template" file.
Do you require for the column "B to N" in .cvs file to also be transferred to "Template File", with the other results, because I'm not sure exactly how the results should look, could you show a couple of complete rows from the ".csv" file and also the "Template" file.

Upvote 0

Hey MickG,

Yes i request columns B through M ( i think i made the mistake when building it on the forum) in .cvs file to be also transferred as well to "Template File"
all the data matches that CODE so it just needs to be in the same row. as code "1" then code "2" ect...ect.... also the codes doesn't follow in and numeric order.

Total Group > Coconuts only group > Apples Only > Oranges Only.......(template.xlsm)
Coconuts from only Fruit2 Column (O) "data.csv"
then only the fruit from Fruit1 Column (N) "data.csv"

i went ahead and attached some links to the google drive where they are located at. if i can upload them somewhere else to easily view and download them i can.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-kSC2Lpyp_7ZGU1TlRnY05PY1pHd3hwVFpWX1dKcUZSSmVj/view?usp=sharing
is the data.csv file
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-kSC2Lpyp_7QWdkVEc3ZUVHeXJVbng1LUEwSmlGdU1fa2Fv/view?usp=sharing
is the Template.xlsm

here is the completed file i request to look like if all possible.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-kSC2Lpyp_7R2Z6WnpaT19wZFBpWDg1RTN2MndKWEh6WWNN/view?usp=sharing

MickG your doing magic here and im also learning a ton while you going through this with me.
Thank you so much!!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sktz

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back