Sorting Hi to Low

Jon Scorey

Hi,
I apologize in advance if this question has been answered, I've looked and cant' find the answer. I am new to Pivot Tables, but have figured out how to create the database and the resulting Pivot Table. My Sales Database includes the Sales $ and GP$ for each line. In the Pivot Table I've managed to create a calculated field for GP %, no problem.

i have also managed to figure out how to express each Row as a % of the Pivot Total, also very easy.

What I need to know is how can I sort my Pivot Table High to Low using these calculated fields?

Can anyone help?

Thx
Jon

Might it have something to do with Filters? or the fact that the Row data is not at the lowest possible level (Product Level) but rather at Product Category, or Vendor, or something else? I'm using Excel 2007.

Is there some way I can send you some of the source information? Or would you be able to share my desktop and have a look? Can we take this private?

Thanks
Jon

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Is there a shortcut key for strikethrough?
Ctrl+S is used for Save. Ctrl+5 is used for Strikethrough. Why Ctrl+5? When you use hashmarks to count |||| is 4, strike through to mean 5.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chase S

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back