SpecialCells Contants

PippaThePointer

Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi,
I have a line in my VBA that very neatly removes all rows that have blank in row 'QTY'
Columns("D").SpecialCells(xlCellTypeBlanks).EntireRow.Delete

I would like to do the same if the the cell D is not a number. According to Microsoft page i can do it with the following, but i can work out how to write it. Ive tried everything.

"Optional Object. If Type is either xlCellTypeConstants or xlCellTypeFormulas, this argument is used to determine which types of cells to include in the result. These values can be added together to return more than one type. The default is to select all constants or formulas, no matter what the type. Can be one of the following XlSpecialCellsValue constants:xlErrorsxlLogicalxlNumbersxlTextValues"
I thought i would just need "Columns("D").SpecialCells(xlCellTypeConstants:xlTextValues).EntireRow.Delete"

Can anyone help me out?

Excel Facts

Test for Multiple Conditions in IF?
Use AND(test, test, test, test) or OR(test, test, test, ...) as the logical_test argument of IF.
I believe this does it

Columns("D").SpecialCells(xlCellTypeConstants, 2).EntireRow.Delete

Upvote 0
@PippaThePointer
Your code line just needs the : replaced with a ,
Rich (BB code):
Columns("D").SpecialCells(xlCellTypeConstants, xlTextValues).EntireRow.Delete
or
Rich (BB code):
Columns("D").SpecialCells(2, 2).EntireRow.Delete
or as per post 2, although I wouldn't mix the syntax

Edit: I see @RoryA beat me to it

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I believe this does it

Columns("D").SpecialCells(xlCellTypeConstants, 2).EntireRow.Delete
Thank you. That was so simple.
Do you know if its possible to use this simple code to combine 2 conditions or do i have to then write more codes?
For example If column A contained text and Column D contained numbers, delete row?

Im learning bits and pieces and using this line of code in a macro that has consolidated a whole bunch of worksheets and would then get rid of all the empty qty rows. After i consolidate to one sheet I am removing blank rows, rows with no qty in D and rows also trying to get rid of any 'totals' in the source worksheets.
Eventually i want to take these basic consolidated columns and copy them into another master worksheet tempate that has other forumulas and maro - But i havnt worked out how im going to do that yet.

Upvote 0
Do you know if its possible to use this simple code to combine 2 conditions or do i have to then write more codes?

If you were adding the SpecialCells values together then for example for text, logical and errors you would use

VBA Code:
Columns("D").SpecialCells(xlCellTypeConstants, xlTextValues + xlLogical + xlErrors).EntireRow.Delete
'or
Columns("D").SpecialCells(2, 22).EntireRow.Delete
' the 22 is 16 + 4 + 2 for the various SpecialCells values

For example If column A contained text and Column D contained numbers, delete row?
One way is to use something like the code below
VBA Code:
Sub Test2Columns()
    Dim i As Long
    Application.ScreenUpdating = False

For i = Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row To 2 Step -1

If Application.WorksheetFunction.IsText(Cells(i, "A")) = True And IsNumeric(Cells(i, "D")) Then _
                                                                                                   Cells(i, "A").EntireRow.Delete

Next

End Sub

Upvote 0
If you were adding the SpecialCells values together then for example for text, logical and errors you would use

VBA Code:
Columns("D").SpecialCells(xlCellTypeConstants, xlTextValues + xlLogical + xlErrors).EntireRow.Delete
'or

VBA Code:
Sub Test2Columns()
    Dim i As Long

If Application.WorksheetFunction.IsText(Cells(i, "A")) = True And IsNumeric(Cells(i, "D")) Then _

Next

End Sub
Thanks. I have added that in and it works.

Upvote 0

VBA Code:
'or

VBA Code:
Sub Test2Columns()
    Dim i As Long

Next

End Sub
One more question.
Is there a way i can start the from Row 2 and go down? Ignoring the first row as a header? Like a 'StartRow = 2'.

Upvote 0
It already stops at row 2
Rich (BB code):

Is there a way i can start the from Row 2 and go down?
When you delete rows using looping Excel shifts the rows up, if you started from the top going down this would make it miss rows and so you work from the bottom going up then the shift has no effect on the results

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anshu121

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back