SPECIFIC ARRAY COLLATE

Shakeable_Drip

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello,

I have a filter array that I'd like to collate like the below, is this possible? I don't want to collate by UNIQUE, I want to "remove" the next duplicates in the set. Thanks for your time!

data result
2 2
1 1
1 2
1 1

Not sure that I got you....
Book1
ABC
Sheet1
Cell Formulas
RangeFormula
C2:C7C2=LET(a,A2:A11,b,OFFSET(a,1,0)<>a,FILTER(a,b))
Dynamic array formulas.
I used a helper column to test the let
Excel Formula:
=LET(a,Q24#,b,OFFSET(a,1,0)<>a,FILTER(a,b))
after it was successful, I tried to remove the helper and wrap the let around my equation in Q24# and I got "value is of the wrong type"
please forgive me, the below code is super brutforce, I dont know anything about optimizations yet, except not to use full column vlookups
Excel Formula:
=LET(a,--SUBSTITUTE(TRIM(SUBSTITUTE(FILTER(INDIRECT("txt_data!"&K4&ROW(INDEX(INDIRECT("txt_data!"&K4&"1"&":"&K4&$Q4),MATCH("     <NestedTube index="&CHAR(34)&S1&CHAR(34)&">",INDIRECT("txt_data!"&K4&"1"&":"&K4&$Q4),0)))&":"&K4&ROW(INDEX(INDIRECT("txt_data!"&K4&"1"&":"&K4&$Q4),MATCH("     <NestedTube index="&CHAR(34)&S1&CHAR(34)&">",INDIRECT("txt_data!"&K4&"1"&":"&K4&$Q4),0)))+(AB2*17)+13),ISNUMBER(SEARCH("        <PartIndex>",INDIRECT("txt_data!"&K4&ROW(INDEX(INDIRECT("txt_data!"&K4&"1"&":"&K4&$Q4),MATCH("     <NestedTube index="&CHAR(34)&S1&CHAR(34)&">",INDIRECT("txt_data!"&K4&"1"&":"&K4&$Q4),0)))&":"&K4&ROW(INDEX(INDIRECT("txt_data!"&K4&"1"&":"&K4&$Q4),MATCH("     <NestedTube index="&CHAR(34)&S1&CHAR(34)&">",INDIRECT("txt_data!"&K4&"1"&":"&K4&$Q4),0)))+(AB2*17)+13)))),"/","")),"<PartIndex>",""),b,OFFSET(a,1,0)<>a,FILTER(a,b))

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Return population for a City
If you have a list of cities in A2:A100, use Data, Geography. Then =A2.Population and copy down.
I'm guessing I'm using the offset improperly. I've narrowed down "value is of the wrong type" to there and I'm not sure what I'm missing. I think I've used offset to offset an array before, the resulting spill array *can* be offset. I'll re-write the formula using defined names so its easier to understand.

Upvote 0
I changed the order in which I was doing things and added a helper column.
Excel Formula:
=INDEX(I3#,MATCH(NTINDEX_SUB,H3#,0))
fills my helper column and
Excel Formula:
=FILTER(R4#,INDIRECT("R3:R"&COUNTA(R:R)+2)<>R4#)
handles my collate using and indirect to grab the end of the spill per flufs answer.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sktz

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back