Split Column but independent vertical scroll?

always_confused

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello,

I have 2 lists that i'd like to be able to compare in my spreadsheet. One is quite short (20 rows), and one is quite long(75 000 rows). To do this, I would like to split the spreadsheet into two parts with independent vertical scrolling. I have seen that using .SplitColumn I get the correct splitting but the scrolling is independent horizontally and vice versa for .Split Row. Is there some other way to achieve this splitting with independent vertical scrolling.

Not really looking for other solutions to the problem that don't include the split screen, as I already have a solution I'm happy with (buttons that just send you to the correct spot in either list), but my boss insists on this split screen way of doing things.....
Thanks for your help.

Excel Facts

Links? Where??
If Excel says you have links but you can't find them, go to Formulas, Name Manager. Look for old links to dead workbooks & delete.
I don't think it is possible. Split Horizontally only then can scroll vertical independently on single workbook and sheet.

You can do with two workbook though

Upvote 0
Hello,

I have 2 lists that i'd like to be able to compare in my spreadsheet. One is quite short (20 rows), and one is quite long(75 000 rows). To do this, I would like to split the spreadsheet into two parts with independent vertical scrolling. I have seen that using .SplitColumn I get the correct splitting but the scrolling is independent horizontally and vice versa for .Split Row. Is there some other way to achieve this splitting with independent vertical scrolling.

Not really looking for other solutions to the problem that don't include the split screen, as I already have a solution I'm happy with (buttons that just send you to the correct spot in either list), but my boss insists on this split screen way of doing things.....
Thanks for your help.
I had the same question and after several searches it seems that this can't be done on a sheet. I ended up diving into Excel Forms. Although it can seem daunting to learn this, the ability to completely customize things in anyway you want, are so satisfying that its well worth the effort.

Upvote 0
Can't you just open a new "Window" of the workbook?
From Main Menu Select "VIEW", in the Window Section, Click "New Window". Then you can resize the two copies of hte workbook as you see fit.

Upvote 0
Can't you just open a new "Window" of the workbook?
From Main Menu Select "VIEW", in the Window Section, Click "New Window". Then you can resize the two copies of hte workbook as you see fit.
Sure you can. But then you need to resize and rearrange windows each time (I do this several times a day). I was commenting that creating an Excel Form is a much more elegant way of handling things.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erald

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back