Split The dates into year

merryperson

Board Regular
Hi
i have analysed the data I have to produce a table showing the number of cases received and cleared each month based on converting the date field into months.
I now have a problem because the 12 months has gone round and now I have April repeating itself so I need to add the year to the spreadsheet.
I was going to create a hidden column in the date to use the year formula and show whether its 2017 or 2018.I was then going to add the year to the results tab but I am struggling to do this.

Hopefully the example below will show what I am trying to do

This is the results table pulled from columns showing two date columns received and cleared

The formula I have used to collate the data is
=SUMPRODUCT(--(ISNUMBER('CT Work'!$J$2:$J$1058)),--(MONTH('CT Work'!$J$2:$J$1058)=4))
What is the beat way to collate date for April 2018 as i already have April 2018

Month Received Cleared
April 2 3
May 3 5
June 6 7
July 3 8
August 3 4
Sept 5 5
Oct 7 7
Nov 8 9
Dec 8 7
Jan 3 4
Feb 5 7
March 6 7
April 2019

Please advise
Many thanks

Excel Facts

Pivot Table Drill Down
Double-click any number in a pivot table to create a new report showing all detail rows that make up that number
Why not add a new criteria to the SUMPRODUCT to check the year as well? Like this:

Code:
=SUMPRODUCT(--(ISNUMBER('CT Work'!$J$2:$J$1058)),--(MONTH('CT Work'!$J$2:$J$1058)=4),--(YEAR('CT Work'!$J$2:$J$1058)=2018))

WBD

Upvote 0
Alternatively, set the values in first first column to be 1-Apr-2018, 1-May-2018 ... etc. to 1-Apr-2019 then custom format the column as "mmmm yyyy". Now you can use something like:

Code:
=SUMPRODUCT(--(ISNUMBER('CT Work'!$J$2:$J$1058)),--(MONTH('CT Work'!$J$2:$J$1058)=MONTH($A2)),--(YEAR('CT Work'!$J$2:$J$1058)=YEAR($A2)))

Which you can easily copy down the column.

WBD

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mm424

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back