Spread Amount between two dates at specific intervals

BeadyBob

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello, I have an existing formula that I use on a revenue forecast spreadsheet. It takes an amount and spreads it evenly by month based on a start and end date.
I would like to ask if anyone could help me modify this formula so that the revenue spread will alternate months, hitting every other month instead of every month between the two dates.

Here is the formula: =IFERROR(MAX(0,MIN($I3+1,EDATE(J$1,1))-MAX($H3,J$1))/($I3-$H3+1)*$F3,0)

H=start date
I=end date
J=month column
F=amount

I have attached an image to show an example. If anyone has a suggestion for how to modify the formula to skip months in the spread, I would appreciate very much. Thank you.

Attachments

• Forecast Sheet Example Image.PNG
    Forecast Sheet Example Image.PNG
    14 KB · Views: 10

Excel Facts

Links? Where??
If Excel says you have links but you can't find them, go to Formulas, Name Manager. Look for old links to dead workbooks & delete.
Does this work for you?

Excel Formula:
=IF(MOD(MONTH(J$2),2)<>0,MAX(0,MIN($I3+1,EDATE(J$2,2))-MAX($H3,J$2))/($I3-$H3+1)*$F3,0)

** Note ** This starts in the first month and skips every month after that. It does not sum correctly if you change it to MOD(MONTH(J$2),2)=0 so that it starts in the second month. I know why but haven't yet found a solution.

Upvote 0
Solution
Wonderful, that did the trick. It will always need it to start in the first month for the purpose I'm using it for, so this solution will work perfectly. Thank you so very much.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asp123

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back