Stretching Graph for Two Criteria on y-axis

rylock

I'm trying to make a graph to see the differences in student testing by age and their school rating. I could very easily make a scatterplot with student test scores by age and another for student test scores by school rating. But how can I get them on the same graph in a way that will tell me something?

I know how to use primary and secondary axes -- but those seem to show me how I would use those two graphs separately, just on the same graph. Which is definitely better, but not what I'm looking for. Since the idea is that there's only a correlation between age and rating, I think I'm thinking about graphing it the wrong way.

My hope was that the x-axis would be the 1-10 ratings, while the test scores would be one y-axis and the age would be the other -- but the score plots and the age plots wouldn't be so distinct.

Any suggestions? It might be less of a graphing question and more of a formulaic one -- but I thought that there was a way to manipulate this data and show the results by both criteria at once, rather than just showing both criteria separately on one graph.

I'm unfortunately not allowed to post an attachment, but hopefully that was enough for at least some ideas. Let me know if there's an easy way to sent more information.

Thanks, and any help is appreciated!

Excel Facts

Copy formula down without changing references
If you have =SUM(F2:F49) in F50; type Alt+' in F51 to copy =SUM(F2:F49) to F51, leaving the formula in edit mode. Change SUM to COUNT.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichealRed

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back