Stuck again. extract data from cell between : &; mulitiple instances

Ozzy_Bruce

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi guys, this has me stumped.
I am copying data from an online database that I am wanting to add to my own db, I can copy from the info from the online database and paste in to excel, all good. I have the next sheet pull the data from that paste with a simlpe =, but one of the copied cells includes a heap of data that I want to split in to new columns eg

(General) Status: Active; Secondary Colour: ; Size: Medium; Coat: Fleece; Grading: AL; Microchip: 953010001993799; Owner Note: Nicnak Labradooldes (Health) DNA Result: Clear; Hip Score: 5+7=12; Elbows: 0+0; PennHip: R .41 L .47;

Yes I am a dog breeder

And I would like to capture the data between the : & ; so the first instance would be "Active" then " " then "Fleece" then "AL" and so on. I have googled this to death but only find help on the first instance or data between spaces Etc.
Id love to put the formula in each cell to pull each result.

I am sure that I am going about this the hard way. Copying records from the online Db to Excel to then import in to my own Db. but its a lot faster then copy and paste each field.

Thanks for any help
Cheers Newby

Bruce

In order to debug, I need an exact copy of the data that is failing to parse. (The general info section)

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Show numbers in thousands?
Use a custom number format of #,##0,K. Each comma after the final 0 will divide the displayed number by another thousand
PedigreeNo:B3100158204
Name:Kirktons Buddy Boy
Given name:Buddy
Breed:Australian Labradoodle
Color:Abstract
Born:09-03-2012 Age:
8 yrs, 7 mnths​
Inbreeding:0.00%
AVK:100.00%
Compl. generations:3Gens Anc.:25 ECG:4.38015
Breed percentage:Pdl 73.94%; LBR 22.48%; ACS 3.57%
Father:
D3100153500Kelly SidneyDetails
Mother:
D3100129602Kirktons KaraDetails
BreederOwner
0021 Details0021 Details
J. Marshall J. Marshall
Rusty Amber Rusty Amber
(General) Status: Retired; Secondary Colour: Black; Size: Miniature; Coat: Fleece; Grading: ALF1; Microchip: 982000163640746; Owner Note: Rusty Amber (Health) DNA Result: PFK-Untested; Hip Score: 2+2=4; Elbows: 0+0; PennHip: 60th .49 .46;

Upvote 0
would youlike me to paste it in to a new sheet?
I am not intrested in capturing the "Owners Note" so the missing ; is not an issue

Thanks

Upvote 0
I don't know why it's not splitting. For now,
Edit line of code. Remove bold.

f = Choose(i + 1, "(General) Status:", "Secondary Colour:", "Size:", "Coat:", "Grading:", "Microchip:", "Owner Note:", "Nicnak Labradooldes (Health) DNA Result:", "Hip Score:", "Elbows:", "PennHip:")

result:

f = Choose(i + 1, "Status:", "Secondary Colour:", "Size:", "Coat:", "Grading:", "Microchip:", "Owner Note:", "DNA Result:", "Hip Score:", "Elbows:", "PennHip:")

Remember to clear the cells in the dump worksheet. Not just clear contents, but clear all.

Upvote 0
I suppose that the parenthesis are busting the Split function? I don't know. That is the only thing I see in common with the two field that I could not split. In any case, use the edit in my previous post and give it a shot. It worked for me.

Upvote 0
I suppose that the parenthesis are busting the Split function? I don't know. That is the only thing I see in common with the two field that I could not split. In any case, use the edit in my previous post and give it a shot. It worked for me.
WOW that works. Very cool

Upvote 0
this is what I am pulling the data from, not sure if this helps at all.

I carn't find any way to capture the image other than download it and then upload it the my PetPro data base, but you guys have saved me a truck load of copyand pasting. I can just export this excel as CSV and then import it to new new database.

zoo record.JPG

Upvote 0
Would it be difficult to show me how I can add a field so I can learn more about what you have done.
If I wanted to add F9

I understad if you dont have the time to show me.
Thanks so much

Bruce

Upvote 0
It wont really matter as I asign the columns to existing fields when I import the CSV. I would say before Status as that is where the general majic happens
Yes AVK
Cheers

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dbomb1414

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back