Subtotal Question

lhernandez

I have a worksheet with approx. 900 lines. There are different ranges within column B that are summed together. Is there any easy way to get a grand total from all the summed ranges rather than selecting each summed range and adding it into a formula?

Excel Facts

Excel Wisdom
Using a mouse in Excel is the work equivalent of wearing a lanyard when you first get to college
There are many ways to do what you're wanting, but to pick the best one, we'd have to know more about how your sheet is structured.

i.e. Have you labeled the Subtotal rows somehow? Are the subtotals based on other criteria in other columns? Have you thought about a Pivot table?

Please post back with a few specifics about your sheet.

Upvote 0
The sheet is broke up into four columns 1. Code 2. Title 3. Quantity 4. Unit. The subtotal is by Code & Quantity. I want the subtotal for quantity to total everything that has a measure of feet or meters, anything else should not be totaled. and the grand total for the entire page should only be what was totaled through each section.
Does this help?

Upvote 0
Sorry... I think I understand most of it except for this:

The subtotal is by Code & Quantity.

Are you able to post a snapshot of part of the sheet? Also, it really sounds like a Pivot Table would come in handy here, and you tried that solution?

Upvote 0
well i have already used a pivot table to to put the data in this chart. Refering to your quote, sorry for the confusion, I meant that I have subtotaled based on the quantity.
For ex: there are 20 different codes in column A and I am subtotaling for each different code. So this would leave 20 subtotals. And I would like only the 20 codes that have been subtotaled to be included in my grand total without having to use =sum(xx,xx,xx,xx)...
Any help would be great
thank you

Upvote 0
If you put the word "Subtotal" in the subtotal rows, you can use something simple like =SUMIF(A:A,"Subtotal",C:C), changing the ranges to fit your needs.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Motoracer88

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back