Sum, Copy & paste data with VBA

newvbauser

Dear all,

I am new to VBA, working on a worksheet and stuck to resolve following query.

I have a worksheet with important data that we update daily and just want to add a column at the end of the sheet.

Requirement:

Have Raw data in other sheet and want VBA to first find and sum similar variables (unique code is defined for each item). Copy them to another place or if they can directly copied to the origional sheet in the required column.

Example:
Raw data
Data is in different columns (e.g. code = Column D, Description = column F and qty = column Q)
Now what i want is it find and sum all the items with same code and make a new sheet like below:

Code Item description Qty

and with the help of vlookup (or any other way through VBA), it copies the Qty data comparing code to the actual sheet in the column added at the last of the sheet. One thing i am concerned with i dont want to increase the size of my origional file so planning to practise it with VBA rather than vlookup just to reduce the size and routine efforts.

I hope i have communicated my question properly and is easily understandable, if you feel something confusing please ask. I am looking for its solution i am not a business professional but have to do it and it seems difficult for me. Thanks <!-- / message --><!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: ad_showthread_firstpost_sig --><!-- END TEMPLATE: ad_showthread_firstpost_sig -->

Excel Facts

Formula for Yesterday
Name Manager, New Name. Yesterday =TODAY()-1. OK. Then, use =YESTERDAY in any cell. Tomorrow could be =TODAY()+1.
This sounds like a job for Pivot Tables. If you do want a VBA solution you'll have to be a lot more clear about exactly what you want, where your data is located (sheet/range names), where you want the data put (sheet/range names), how you want the macro to be enabled, etc. The more data you can provide, the more likely someone is to help.

Upvote 0
I am actually not planning to use pivot table, because people who will update it in routine are not much expert in using such complex things. I just want to provide them with an easy solution moreover size of worksheet does matter alot coz he has to circulate it via email in routine.

About range:
In Raw data sheet
unqiue Code is in column "L"
Description is in column "N"
Quantities are in column "P"
Total data is upto line # 1800
Raw data sheet is placed in C:\raw\raw.xls
Destination sheet is N:\FG Goods.xls (same unqie code and description is defined in this sheet, so i hope by the help of unique code we can get this data over here, but prior that quantities much be added in the raw sheet with unique code).

I hope this information will support my friends to help me out. Thanks

Upvote 0
It would greatly help if you posted data samples of what your raw data looks like, and what you want the summary sheet to look like (N:\FG Goods.xls).

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m_smith_solihull

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back