sum if and count if

Sam1047

I have a large spreadsheet. I need to look in Colum E to see what Client Number is there 2594 or 2010 for exapmle. then i need to look in colum F to see what the date is, the date can be any month and year from Oct 1999 to Oct 2002, the colum f is only Month year.. no specific date is necessary, then i need to get the sum of the totals if they match from Column N. Is this possible? Any help would be appreciated.
So i need the answer if Colum E has x number of the same clinet within the same month, if so how many, then the next column , if column e has x number of the same client within the same month , how much is column N

Excel Facts

Get help while writing formula
Click the italics "fx" icon to the left of the formula bar to open the Functions Arguments dialog. Help is displayed for each argument.
On 2002-10-11 11:38, Sam1047 wrote:
I have a large spreadsheet. I need to look in Colum E to see what Client Number is there 2594 or 2010 for exapmle. then i need to look in colum F to see what the date is, the date can be any month and year from Oct 1999 to Oct 2002, the colum f is only Month year.. no specific date is necessary, then i need to get the sum of the totals if they match from Column N. Is this possible? Any help would be appreciated.
So i need the answer if Colum E has x number of the same clinet within the same month, if so how many, then the next column , if column e has x number of the same client within the same month , how much is column N

=SUMPRODUCT(($E$2:$E$100=A2)*(MONTH($F$2:$F$100)=MONTH(B2))*(YEAR($F$2:$F$100)=YEAR(B2)),$N$2:$N$100)

will compute the desired sum regaring the value in A2 (a client number) in the month and year as specified in B2.

Dates in F and B2 must be true dates.

For counting...

=SUMPRODUCT(($E$2:$E$100=A2)*(MONTH($F$2:$F$100)=MONTH(B2))*(YEAR($F$2:$F$100)=YEAR(B2)))

Adjust the ranges to suit.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JayEggleton

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back