Sum if columns match in separate sheets and total from another column

2k05gt

Board Regular
I have been hurting my brain on this..
I have 3 sheets, 1 sheet "VARs" is a List of the items specs by Model Number, the column I need to sum is in this case weight in Lbs
Sheet 2 "Drive_List" is a List of items that have the same model number (S/N make the different) that are put into Boxes that are numbered
Sheet 3 is "Box Count" this is a count of how many items are in a box and how much it weights . Here is the issue.
How can I get a sum of all the items weight in each box. the weight of each item (model number) is different and each box has a mix of the items.

I tried using indexing, with offset but working with 3 different sheets got confusing, I defined names for each of the columns I was working with
but nothing would work.

Thanks in advance for any assistance :)

Attachments

• picture of sheet.JPG
    picture of sheet.JPG
    96.8 KB · Views: 8
Ok...good. You can see the array in your diagnostics. Click on the cell with the formula, then go into the formula bar where the formula appears (click at the end of the formula), and re-confirm the entry by entering it with Ctrl-Shift-Enter, to enter the formula as an array formula. You should see curly brackets form around the expression. Alternatively, replace this dynamically formed array with a simple range reference to the helper cells in that row.
I totally forgot about the Ctrl-Shift Enter thing... that works

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Highlight Duplicates
Home, Conditional Formatting, Highlight Cells, Duplicate records, OK to add pink formatting to any duplicates in selected range.
Yeah…that array needs to be created and then passed to SUMIF, so it needs to be an array formula in this case. The alternative idea that declares the full range reference of the helper cells should not require the CSE entry.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr Hughes

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back