1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Dear All

I have an excel sheet having data like below

Column ABCDEFGHIJ
AprMayJun
Particular NameGNGTotalGNGTotalGNG

Now i want a total of Quarter to date and Year to date total on the basis of Month/s

if month is Q1 Apr then Column E , if Month is May then total of column E+H .... for Jun total of column E+H+K and every Qtr the cell reference will change.

for YTD in Apr E in May E+H, in Jun E+H+K in Jul it will be E+H+K+N and so on.......

how can I do it please help,

Thanks in advance.
Manojk.

Excel Facts

Enter current date or time
Ctrl+: enters current time. Ctrl+; enters current date. Use Ctrl+: Ctrl+; Enter for current date & time.
HI Manoj, what version of excel are you using? The answer you get from the forum may not work on your version. And please update your profile with what version(s) you use so it will display with your avatar.

Regarding your question, my perspective on quarters is that they are not "rolling" but fixed by a corporate fiscal calendar. But regardless, can you please post in a table what the data should look like? Where are the number values that are to be used in your calculations.

Upvote 0
HI Manoj, what version of excel are you using? The answer you get from the forum may not work on your version. And please update your profile with what version(s) you use so it will display with your avatar.
Regarding your question, my perspective on quarters is that they are not "rolling" but fixed by a corporate fiscal calendar. But regardless, can you please post in a table what the data should look like? Where are the number values that are to be used in your calculations.
Hi, thanks for your reply, I updated the profile as you suggested, I work on office 365m i have attached a JPG file for your reference.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    63.2 KB · Views: 6
Upvote 0
Okay, that answers the quarter question. I was not aware your data was so wide.
Is there any way you can post some sample data of all the columns as well as the headers.
If you can't use the xl2bb add in then please copy and paste a table of cells.
To just do the calculation by typing in cell reference addresses is daunting and not good formula work. And we have to know how the data works.

Upvote 0
is the total sale for the month every 3rd column? is there a larger break of column separation between fiscal quarters or fiscal years?

Upvote 0
Thanks, Awoohaw,
Just to give you a broad view of the data.
I have 4 types of sales - every month has 3 columns (G + NG = Total) so the total 36 columns used for each type of sale. total 36 * 4 columns used for sales details.
each sales have some products which have around 28 rows.

So total column used for details are approx 36*4 = 144 + 2 column of name of product and type of product.

after 146th column i have to maintain a MIS summery say for MTD of Sale1 Sale2 Sale3 Sale4 (Column No. say 152, 153 154, 155)
on Column 158 i need MIS of QTD (depends on the Qtr) which is on column 158, 159, 160, 161
from Column No. 164 YTD ie. 164, 165, 166, 167 (this depends on the current month)

I don't have the rights to upload the mini sheet but will try to share the images in part.

Regards,
Manojk

Upvote 0
Please find attached herewith JPG for your reference.

Attachments

• Capture1.JPG
    Capture1.JPG
    246.4 KB · Views: 4
  • Capture2.JPG
    Capture2.JPG
    248.5 KB · Views: 5
  • Capture3.JPG
    Capture3.JPG
    247.1 KB · Views: 3
  • Capture4.JPG
    Capture4.JPG
    246.3 KB · Views: 1
  • Capture5.JPG
    Capture5.JPG
    248.1 KB · Views: 4
  • Capture6.JPG
    Capture6.JPG
    166.6 KB · Views: 5
Upvote 0
images really aren't going to work here. Maybe you can post the data as a table?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Emilou

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back