Sum of Pivot table calculated field

ab304

Morning all,

I have a pivot table that is approx 15,000 rows long by 11 rows wide. The rows are split by 5 business areas and then a unique item reference. The columns are unique references to where the items are to be allocated.

I have a financial value for each reference and an item count. As each item is entered on a separate row in the source data table with the total financial value for all items under that reference I have created a calculated field to divide the financial value by the item count to give me an accurate total item reference number value (to avoid double counting).

I now need to come up with sub total for each business area by the column reference, I'm aware that the subtotal and grand totals for calculated fields still apply the formula used to calculate each value. Is there anyway around this? I really don't want to have to manually calculate 55+ subtotals as the data set will be changing regularly...

Please help!

Excel Facts

Square and cube roots
The =SQRT(25) is a square root. For a cube root, use =125^(1/3). For a fourth root, use =625^(1/4).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Excel Master

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back