Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2003 or older
Platform
  1. Windows
  2. Mobile
  3. Web
Hi All, Hoping someone can help.

I.ve got a s/sheet with names and stats on for multiple people across each weekday Sun-Sat, trying to add the values up but when using sumif & Vlookup it only finds 1st entry and tried sumproduct and get a name error , see below formulas:

=SUM(IFERROR(VLOOKUP($B4,Sunday!$A$2:$BO$50,{5},FALSE),IFERROR(VLOOKUP($B4,Monday!$A$2:$BO$50,{5},FALSE),IFERROR(VLOOKUP($B4,Tuesday!$A$2:$BO$50,{5},FALSE),IFERROR(VLOOKUP($B4,Wednesday!$A$2:$BO$50,{5},FALSE),IFERROR(VLOOKUP($B4,Thursday!$A$2:$BO$50,{5},FALSE),IFERROR(VLOOKUP($B4,Friday!$A$2:$BO$50,{5},FALSE),IFERROR(VLOOKUP($B4,Saturday!$A$2:$BO$50,{5},FALSE),""))))))))

column B is names and wanting to sum all column 5 for given name and ignore any non occurances ( all people are not in every day

=SUMPRODUCT(SUMIF(INDIRECT("'"&Days&"'!A3:A99"),$B3,INDIRECT("'"&Days&"'!E3:E99")))

Helper column A with days of the week which coincide with the worksheets , column B is list of the names which I want to look up against which appear in column A on the daily sheets
Not sure where im going wrong ?

Excel Facts

Can a formula spear through sheets?
Use =SUM(January:December!E7) to sum E7 on all of the sheets from January through December
re second attempt , apologies forgot to name to range now i'm getting zero ??

=SUMPRODUCT(SUMIF(INDIRECT("'"&Days&"'!"&"A2:A99"),$B2,INDIRECT("'"&Days&"'!"&"E2:E99")))

Upvote 0
I've managed to resolve , think it was Something to do with incorrect reference on name
=SUMPRODUCT(SUMIF(INDIRECT("'"&Days&"'!"&"A2:A99"),$A2,INDIRECT("'"&Days&"'!"&"E2:E99")))

Although one columns I need to do an AVERAGE , but there's an error (Sun-No Data, Mon-No Data, Tues-552,Wed-513,Thur-519,Fri-405,Sat-256 Giving results as 391 instead of 449?

=IFERROR(AVERAGE(INDIRECT("'"&Days&"'!"&"A2:A99"),$A2,INDIRECT("'"&Days&"'!"&"D2:D99")),"-")

Upvote 0
Hi All,

Found it :

=SUMPRODUCT(SUMIF(INDIRECT("'"&Days&"'!"&"A2:A99"),$A3,INDIRECT("'"&Days&"'!"&"D2:D99")))/SUMPRODUCT(COUNTIF(INDIRECT("'"&Days&"'!"&"A2:A99"),$A3))

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rdeane

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back