rthompson55125

Hello, I have a great SUMIFS formula that pulls from a drop down menu. I have multiple criteria and conditions well established, however if the criteria selection is "ALL" from the drop down list, I'd like to sum all those totals based on the other criteria selected.

A. Joe's Totals
B. Barb's Totals
C. Jimmy's Totals
D. All (All their totals)

Any idea what I'd add onto the end of it to sum "All" when selected?

Thank you

Excel Facts

Test for Multiple Conditions in IF?
Use AND(test, test, test, test) or OR(test, test, test, ...) as the logical_test argument of IF.
Care to post the formula for Joe for example?

Here is the formula. Sorry, the criteria/data is on another tab.

=SUMIFS(Transactions!$AB:$AB,Transactions!$A:$A,'Manager''s Dashboard'!$L$2,Transactions!$D:$D,'Manager''s Dashboard'!$L$4,Transactions!$B:$B,'Manager''s Dashboard'!E9)

So the user selects first criteria in L2, then second criteria in L4. The result land nicely into the cell. However I'd like to add an option to select all...

Upvote 0
Hi, Joe would be in B:B identifying user's entries, D:D is another critiria, let's call it morning or evening transactions. However, B:B is the key identifyer to select what user to display . Note I am calculating spend transactions! Thank you!

I'm asking which is the criterion cell that would house Joe? Didn't you say: "So the user selects first criteria in L2, then second criteria in L4. The result land nicely into the cell. However I'd like to add an option to select all..." All in where?

Upvote 0
I'm asking which is the criterion cell that would house Joe? Didn't you say: "So the user selects first criteria in L2, then second criteria in L4. The result land nicely into the cell. However I'd like to add an option to select all..." All in where?

My apologize for not being clear as this my first posting. Appreciate the patience.

Let me start over. L2 had a pick list to choose from: Joe, Barb, Timmy, All. The source is on another tab that tracks transactions, those transactions are listed and in Column A:A (on another tab) they are assigned a transaction that is assigned to them, although there really isn't an "All", so Column A:A only has their names. I'd like to be able to sum ALL if selected.

Thank you

Upvote 0
Try

=SUMIFS(Transactions!$AB:$AB,Transactions!$A:$A,IF('Manager''s Dashboard'!$L$2="All","<>",'Manager''s Dashboard'!$L$2),Transactions!$D:$D,'Manager''s Dashboard'!$L$4,Transactions!$B:$B,'Manager''s Dashboard'!E9)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
daynle

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back