SUMIFs with multiple criteria and revert to one or more criteria

benntw

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Currently I am having SUMIFs kick my butt. I have a data dump from P6 and I want to be able to filter through 4 categories. That part is not the issue. If I want to filter for one category I want the other three to view all the data. Here are my parameters

Phase - PH
Work Order - WO
Company - CO
Equipment - EQ

I have a lookup if I select the words Phase, Work Order, Company, or Equipment the cell in column B shows a value of "ALL". If the words are not selected then the cell will populate with the value from the dropdown list. I tried using an if statement in the beginning for "ALL" and it works with just one in the formula. I tried to using multiple IF statements, but it failed to produce the correct data. The formula below is the one I am using as long as nothing says all. My end goal is to be able to look at all the hours for a company or all the hours for multiple companies under one work order, etc.

SUMIFS(Data!U:U,PH,$B2,WO,$B5,CO,$B8,EQ,$B11)

Hopefully some one can help out on this since it has kicked my butt. Thank you

Excel Facts

What did Pito Salas invent?
Pito Salas, working for Lotus, popularized what would become to be pivot tables. It was released as Lotus Improv in 1989.
Maybe:

Excel Formula:
=SUMIFS(Data!U:U,PH,IF($B2="ALL","*",$B2),WO,IF($B5="ALL","*",$B5),CO,IF($B8="ALL","*",$B8),EQ,IF($B11="ALL","*",$B11))

Upvote 0
Appreciate the formula. It resulted in the same as the one I tried writing. It just gives the value of the first row which is the header names(Dates).

Upvote 0
Could you show a sample of your sheet? It would make it easier to see what you're looking for. There is a tool called XL2BB here (see the link in my signature) which makes it easy to share your sheet.

Upvote 0
I tried adding the tool. I have a company computer and it would not let me. What I want to do is pick any or all of the dropdowns. I want to be able either to view all the hours or select one of or all of the dropdowns to get to the specific criteria.

Attachments

• Data.JPG
    Data.JPG
    60.3 KB · Views: 4
  • Formula not working.JPG
    Formula not working.JPG
    39.5 KB · Views: 5
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
p17tootie

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back