Summarized Pivot Report - Need Help Creating

bdav1216

Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello everyone,

I am new to this forum and am looking for help in accomplishing the below. I am not an excel expert so will probably need more than most.

The data that I work with is in Excel, but sourced from Access; it needs to be sourced though from Excel as this raw data is used for other reports as well.

How can I create, using the attached raw data, a PIVOT that gives me ALL data for an individual worker? Please note that Column A (Worker) does not exist, but I THINK I need to have a column created in the raw data that identifies all of the individual workers that can then be used to summarize the data.

I pasted a sample spreadsheet of the raw data and manually created the below (hopefully no errors) that should align of what I NEED to create below that. I ultimately need a pivot, from the raw sample, that is refreshable with the below view.

Within the sample, here is some additional information that needs to be taken into account:
- The CS (Client Support) column can currently be used with the Order Status to create a pivot view that is useful, but I need to also summarize the primary/secondary views.
- All orders (Column A - Order Number) are unique.
- The CS (Column H) has Orders Status (Column B) which is displayed below. (In Process, For Review and Available).
- The CS could also be a primary (Column I) or Secondary (Column J).
- The 1st total column below is the number of orders in the columns to the left (Bob James has 5 (3+1+1).
- An order (Column B) can have more than one job (Column G). So, the 2nd total should be ALL unique jobs (not orders) that the primary and secondary are working on. The 1st total is based on orders (Column K is Unique_IND which is the unique orders so the example below with 2 jobs only counts as 1 order.
Example: Order 47223 (Column A) is one order with 2 jobs (E999 and E243). For the primary or secondary, that counts as 2 jobs.

The big issue is that I THINK I need a new column (Worker in the below) that is unique of all of the CS, Priimary and Secondary workers that can then be used to pivot. Hopefully that make sense because I can't see how I can summarize (in a pivot) the CS and the Primary/Secondary.

Sample of the raw data:

Order NumberOrder StatusCompany NameOrder NameSetup DescriptionComplexityJob NumberCSPrimarySecondaryUnique_Ind
45764In ProcessCompany AProgram AModifiedComplexA123SmithSmithJohnsonUnique
45892In ProcessCompany BProgram BAs-Is (No Changes)AverageB222SmithSmithJonesUnique
46601For ReviewCompany CProgram CModifiedComplexC343JonesWilliamsJonesUnique
46634In ProcessCompany DProgram DAs-Is (No Changes)AverageD323JonesDavisHernandezUnique
46784On Hold - CustomerCompany EProgram ENewComplexF321AndersonTaylorHernandezUnique
47088For ReviewCompany FProgram FNewSimpleE332AndersonJohnsonTaylorUnique
47096AvailableCompany GProgram GNewSimpleG232SmithJohnsonTaylorUnique
47223AvailableCompany HProgram H1ModifiedAverageE999CruzHernandezDavisUnique
47223In ProcessCompany HProgram H2ModifiedAverageE243CruzHernandezDavis

<colgroup><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col></colgroup><tbody>
</tbody>

<colgroup><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col></colgroup><tbody>
</tbody>

Her's what I need to create as a PIVOT in a different tab.

Order Status - CS: Primary / Secondary Work:
Worker: In Process For Review Available On Hold Total:CS Primary: Secondary: Total:
Smith 2 0 1 0 3 2 0 2
Jones 1 1 0 0 2 0 2 2
Anderson 0 1 0 1 2 0 0 0
Cruz 1 0 1 0 2 0 0 0
Williams 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 1
Davis 0 0 0 0 0 0 2 2
Taylor 0 0 0 0 0 1 2 3
Johnson 0 0 0 0 0 2 1 3
Hernandez 0 0 0 0 0 2 2 4

Excel Facts

Repeat Last Command
Pressing F4 adds dollar signs when editing a formula. When not editing, F4 repeats last command.
The big issue is that I THINK I need a new column (Worker in the below) that is unique of all of the CS, Priimary and Secondary

Maybe you could just concatenate the three together and then use that as the unique ID...

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
morpheous

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back