Summarizing Data From A Year Period - Multiple Columns With Same Name and Different Dates

Rex32

Hey Guys,

First I must say that you guys were INCREDIBLY helpful last time I reached out on the forums and I have since purchased the Mr. Excel book collection and have begun to work through it but I am in a bind at work and was hoping for some help.

So I have a file of 2,166 columns that list 183 unique names, in column A, Invoice Date in column B, Hours in column C, Dollars in column D, and Invoice number (just as a random check) that I need to sort through. Ultimately I need the data to list all the unique names in column A, total for the year in column b, column c - ba are labelled 1/9/13 through 12/25/13 populated with the appropriate data.

I tried using an amazing VBA script written by another member for a bill of materials question but keep getting data mismatch errors.

I'm not entirely sure why just the sum isn't okay, I would just use a SumIF - but my boss wants it by weekly period.

I have a source file with more information in it that I can provide if need be, I just need to remove some identifying information first.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I have spent my whole day on this and am at the bang my head against the wall stage and really just need some help. I can't seem to find a way to attach the file, but I will gladly email it to anyone and I have uploaded it here (I just Googled 'File Hosting' if there is a better way I can redo it)

filehosting.org | Download | TempHoursMrExcel.xlsx

The macro in there is the old one, just left it so you can see it.

Thank you so much guys, if anyone is located in MPLS, MN - BEERS ON ME!

Thanks,

Rex

Excel Facts

Which came first: VisiCalc or Lotus 1-2-3?
Dan Bricklin and Bob Frankston debuted VisiCalc in 1979 as a Visible Calculator. Lotus 1-2-3 debuted in the early 1980's, from Mitch Kapor.
I haven't looked at the file you uploaded.

Based on what you've said, I would say, could you put the unique names in column A manually, and then just use SUMIF formulas, or SUMPRODUCT formulas.

For example, for cell B2:

Code:
=SUMIF(OriginalSheet!A:A,A2,OriginalSheet!D:D)
And then for C2:

Code:
=SUMPRODUCT((OriginalSheet!A:A=$A2)*(OriginalSheet!B:B=C$1)*D:D)
And then copied across to the rest of the date columns.

Hope this helps,

Chris.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
surendra75

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back