and it is give me right answer
but when i change
=SUMPRODUCT(ISNUMBER(C2:C9),(B2:B9))
it is give me zero
===========
????

Excel Facts

Get help while writing formula
Click the italics "fx" icon to the left of the formula bar to open the Functions Arguments dialog. Help is displayed for each argument.
C2: =3*PI()
C3: =""
C4: =0.2*LOG(10)

E2: a
F2: x

Frankly speaking, it was a bounce to me understanding that part. Could not figure out why you used these formulae in the first place.

Upvote 0
thank you Aladin for the wealth of information you provide here. I am having difficulty converting this formula into Excel 2003 Turkish version. Especially, the "--" syntax. Can you or any other forum members, by any chance help? Thanks in advance.
Alparslan.

With the comma syntax, you need to coerce logical results of TRUE and FALSE to their numeric equivalents of 1 and 0 like in:

=SUMPRODUCT(--ISNUMBER(C2:C9),B2:B9)

=SUMPRODUCT(ISNUMBER(C2:C9)+0,B2:B9)

where the IsNumber test yields TRUE's and FALSE's.

When you use the * syntax as in:

=SUMPRODUCT(ISNUMBER(C2:C9)*(B2:B9))

the math operator takes care of coercion as in:

=TRUE*5 ==> 5
=FALSE*9 ===> 0

The advantage of the comma syntax is that it's the native syntax and it allows for text values in the range to sum while the * syntax doesn't.

Moreover, the comma syntax requires that the terms must have the same shape: Matrix,Matrix,Matrix,... or Vector,Vector,Vector,... Not mix up matrices and vectors together.

Upvote 0
thank you Aladin for the wealth of information you provide here. I am having difficulty converting this formula into Excel 2003 Turkish version. Especially, the "--" syntax. Can you or any other forum members, by any chance help? Thanks in advance.
Alparslan.

Try...

=SUMPRODUCT(--ISNUMBER(C2:C9),B2:B9)

=SUMPRODUCT(ISNUMBER(C2:C9)+0,B2:B9)

==>

=TOPLA.ÇARPIM(--ESAYIYSA(C2:C9);B2:B9)

=TOPLA.ÇARPIM(ESAYIYSA(C2:C9)+0;B2:B9)

Upvote 0
Thank you, Aladin. By the way I discovered the "--" syntax works in the Turkish version, too. I was misleaded by somethingelse that this particular syntax was the reason the formula did not work.

Upvote 0
Oh Ok cool !

So you are the guru in these things as well. I am glad that you know Hindi which is the language spoken by least 100 crore people around the globe :) Well, I know a little bit of French (not much) but my elder brother (who stays in Belgie), he knows your local language (Flemmish) at full.

I am sorry for diverting the thread off topic but I did that because I realize that the answer was already posted to OP question.

Have a nice day.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BigPaws

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back